Part 1: Register and Complete Online Orientation (Required)
New students must register and complete the required online modules.
During the registration process, you will be able to pay or defer your enrollment deposit and sign-up for your orientation session. Students are allowed to bring up to two guests.
Please note: All reservations are made under the student’s name and student ID Banner number. Prior to registering it is very important to check your dates! Many students register for orientation without considering important dates like graduation rehearsals and vacations.
All newly admitted freshmen pay their required non-refundable enrollment deposit as soon as they know UNCP is where they wish to attend by completing their orientation reservation. This deposit does several things for you:
- This serves as your housing application fee (you must complete your application for student housing via the housing application in BraveWeb).
- This certifies as your intent to enroll at UNCP.
- It covers the cost of your orientation fee.
For questions regarding the enrollment deposit, please contact Brave Central at email@example.com.
Enrollment Deposits Specifics:
• FRESHMEN living on campus will pay or defer the $225 Enrollment Deposit. (Defer means the Enrollment Deposit will be added to your student bill). You must complete your Housing Application in BraveWeb.
• FRESHMEN requesting an exception to the Freshman and Sophomore Residency Requirement, must pay or defer the $75 Enrollment Deposit. (Defer means the Enrollment Deposit will be added to your student bill). NOTE: Freshmen are required to live on campus. If you are requesting an exception to this policy, please complete the housing waiver application (uncp.edu/housing-waiver). Once the application is completed and submitted, the application will be reviewed, and you will be informed via your UNCP Bravemail account if your application has been approved or not approved. If not approved, please complete the steps for paying the remaining $150 enrollment deposit and completing your housing application.
Upon your registration for NSO, you will be pre-registered for courses most critical to your major. Students who register for orientation on or before November 1, 2022 will receive priority in pre-registration, regardless of your NSO date. Students admitted after November 1, 2022 should register within two weeks of acceptance.
Web reservations are the most expedient way to make your reservation. Online reservations are processed immediately and you will receive an email confirmation at the time you make the reservation.
Should you have questions, please contact New Student Orientation at 910.521.6243 or 910.521.6662. You may also email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Set up your BraveWeb account. For information on how to set up your BraveWeb account, please visit https://braveweb.uncp.edu/account-activation/. To locate your secret code please view your Admissions acceptance letter in your MyUNCP portal.
- Once you have your BraveWeb account open, please click on the Orientation Registration link and log into the account using your BraveWeb username and password (UNC Pembroke – Shibboleth Login). You will be directed to the Visual Zen Orientation Registration System.
- Follow the instructions and register for online orientation.
- Please ensure you submit your registration.
Please note: An orientation date can be changed only once, and only if the session that you want to move into is open. To change your date please email email@example.com.
Family reservations require a $40 non-refundable payment for each person. There is a maximum of two family members and/or guests per student.
Dates Time Saturday: November 19, 2022 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday: December 16, 2022 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Part 2: Orientation Session (Required)
During part 1 you registered for an in-person orientation session. During this session you will have the opportunity to interact with current student leaders and meet your academic advisor. Sessions are limited to 100 students. Students can bring up to two guests.
*** If you are additional questions or concerns, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 910.521.6243.
Preparing for Your Orientation Session
Items to bring for your on-campus orientation:
- BraveNation Spirit
- Government Issued ID (Needed to get your UNCP ID)
- College and/or High School transcripts if not submitted to Admissions (Note: If you attended an Early College, transcripts must come from the High School and College.)
- Comfortable shoes and weather appropriate clothing
- Spending money (not required)
- Pen and something to write notes on
Schedules will be available in late early November.