Orientation registration for students is now Open for Summer and/or Fall Admits!
Please Note: Orientation Registration for Summer/Fall Admits will be Open February 21, 2023.
Welcome to UNC Pembroke
Congratulations on being accepted to UNC Pembroke. New Student Programs welcomes you to BraveNation. New Student Orientation is required for all new students and is designed to help you succeed in and out of the classroom.
Orientation consists of two required parts. New Student Programs is committed to providing a safe and engaging orientation for new students.
Part 1: Register and Complete Online Orientation (Required)
New students must register and complete the required online modules.
During the registration process, you will be able to pay or defer your enrollment deposit and sign-up for your orientation session. Students are allowed to bring up to two guests.
Please note: All reservations are made under the student’s name and student ID Banner number. Prior to registering it is very important to check your dates! Many students register for orientation without considering important dates like graduation rehearsals and vacations.
All newly admitted freshmen pay their required non-refundable orientation fee as soon as they know UNCP is where they wish to attend by completing their orientation reservation. This fee does several things for you:
- This certifies as your intent to enroll at UNCP.
- It covers the cost of your orientation session.
For questions regarding the orientation fee, please contact New Student Programs at email@example.com.
Orientation Fee Specifics:
• FRESHMEN students can pay or defer the $225 orientation fee. (Defer means the Orientation Fee will be added to your student bill and paid at a later date).
Upon your registration for orientation, you will be pre-registered for courses most critical to your major. Students who register for orientation on or before May 1, 2023 will receive priority in pre-registration, regardless of your orientation date. Students admitted after May 1, 2023 should register within two weeks of acceptance.
Web reservations are the most expedient way to make your reservation. Online reservations are processed immediately and you will receive an email confirmation at the time you make the reservation.
Should you have questions, please contact New Student Orientation at 910.521.6243 or 910.521.6662. You may also email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Set up your BraveWeb account. For information on how to set up your BraveWeb account, please visit https://braveweb.uncp.edu/account-activation/. To locate your secret code please view your Admissions acceptance letter in your MyUNCP portal.
- Once you have your BraveWeb account open, please click on the Orientation Registration link and log into the account using your BraveWeb username and password (UNC Pembroke – Shibboleth Login). You will be directed to the Visual Zen Orientation Registration System.
- Follow the instructions and register for on-campus orientation.
- Please ensure you submit your registration.
Please note: An orientation date can be changed only once, and only if the session that you want to move into is open. To change your date please email email@example.com.
Family reservations require a $60 non-refundable payment for each person. There is a maximum of two family members and/or guests per student. On-campus family housing is also available for family members and/or guests during each family orientation session for an additional cost of $36.75 non-refundable fee per person. Family members and/or guests will be housed in a separate building than incoming students. We have a housing capacity of 75 family members and/or guests per orientation session so register early if you would like to stay on campus for the overnight stay.
Orientation On-Campus Dates - Earlier orientation sessions are recommended.
Saturday: April 29, 2023 (By Invitation Only)
8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday-Saturday: June 2-3, 2023 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Tuesday: June 12-13, 2023 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Tuesday: June 19-20, 2023 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday-Saturday: July 14-15, 2023 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Tuesday: July 24-25, 2023 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday: August 5, 2023 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Day 1: Begin at 8:30 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. (Overnight Stay on-campus)
Day 2: Begin at 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Part 2: Orientation Session (Required)
During part 1 you registered for an in-person orientation session. During this session you will have the opportunity to interact with current student leaders and meet your academic advisor. Sessions are limited to 200 students. Students can bring up to two guests with the required guests fees.
*** If you are additional questions or concerns, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 910.521.6243.
Preparing for Your Orientation Session
Items to bring for your on-campus orientation:
- BraveNation Spirit
- Immunization Record
- Government Issued ID (Needed to get your UNCP ID)
- College and/or High School transcripts if not submitted to Admissions (Note: If you attended an Early College, transcripts must come from the High School and College.)
- Comfortable shoes and weather appropriate clothing for 2 days
- Bedding and pillow
- Hygiene/toiletry products -- (including towel, washcloth, and any medication you may need)
- Alarm Clock
- Spending money (not required)
- Pen and something to write notes on
Schedules will be available in late early June.
For additional information and items to complete please visit the Pembroke Bound Check-list.