New Student Programs achieves our mission by empowering students to:
- Discover their passions through transformative educational experiences and self-exploration that fosters personal and academic growth.
- Belong at UNCP through active participation and commitment to their discipline, career, and campus community.
- Thrive academically and socially through shared campus experiences cultivated by UNCP's unique history and resources in order to meet the changing needs of our diverse and inclusive community.
Students that actively participate in our transformative experiences should achieve the following:
Objective 1: Academics/Learning
- Demonstrate an understanding of academic/degree requirements needed for degree completion.
- Identify campus resources that can help enhance academic performance and demonstrate the ability to use these resources.
- Apply students’ field of study to a desire for lifelong learning.
- Implement effective transition strategies to adjust to college academia.
Objective 2: College Transition/Expectations
- Identify and utilize campus resources and terminology to enhance personal and academic growth.
- Demonstrate an understanding of our unique university academic and community standards by assuming personal responsibility for those expectations.
Objective 3: Connection to Campus & Belonging
- Cultivate positive and significant interpersonal relationships through engagement in curricular and cocurricular Brave Experiences.
- Develop a sense of belonging within our diverse campus community.
- Recognize and embrace each other's differences through shared inclusive experiences.
Objective 4: Student Leadership Development
- Utilize transferable and leadership skills to effectively engage with their peers, families, staff and campus partners.
- Identifying and addressing transitional needs of students and families by applying their institutional knowledge of campus and resources.
NSP’s Vision for Inclusive Excellence
New Student Programs fosters inclusive excellence with welcoming and supportive environments by recognizing our diverse backgrounds and experiences through:
- Inclusive transformative educational opportunities.
- Equitable resources and connections with faculty, staff and students.
- Facilitated development of a more inclusive campus culture through programs and initiatives.
- Adapting to the needs of our campus community to ensure a holistic development of our students socially and academically.