The Center for Student Success, in conjunction with a number of UNCP departments and programs, is hosting Black Excellence, an academic success program tailored specifically to incoming first year students by providing them with information about campus support, coping strategies, and how to utilize their cultural heritage as a foundation for their overall success, on Friday and Saturday, August 9-10, 2019 starting on 3 pm on Friday, August 9th in the UC Annex.
Attendance is required. There is no charge to attend this program. Students are encouraged to bring up to two (2) parents/guardians.
Please register by Friday, August 2, 2019 - Click HERE to register.
A follow-up email will be sent with further instructions, including early move-in and parking information.
If you have further questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 910-521-6625.
Black Excellence Agenda
Friday, August 9, 2019
- 8:00am - 12:00pm: Move into Fall Housing Assignment
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm: Check-In at UC Annex
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm: Lunch and Network
- 2:00pm: Welcome and Opening
- 2:15pm - 5:00pm: Activities, Workshops, and Sessions
- 5:00pm - 6:00pm: Dinner & Meet the Greeks and Student Orgs
- 6:00pm - 9:00pm: Social Event
Saturday, August 10, 2019
- 8:30am - 9:00am: Breakfast and Check-In
- 9:00am - 11:00am: Workshops and Presentations
- 11:00am - 11:30am: Closing
- 11:30am - 1:00pm: Shuttles to Wal-Mart