To apply for the COMPASS scholarship, please submit the following:
- Personal information form, including ethnicity, citizenship status, if you are a first generation student, and career plans.
- Copy of your transcript
- Current UNCP students: Unofficial UNCP transcript
- Current Community College students: Unofficial CC transcript.
- Personal Statement indicating why you are interested in the program, what makes you a good candidate, and why your family’s financial circumstances justify consideration for the S-STEM Scholarship. Essays should be typed, double-spaced, and approximately 500 words. If submitting the application electronically, the Personal Statement can be uploaded as part of you Personal information form.
- 2 sealed letters of recommendation addressing your academic achievements, leadership experiences, and character. Letters or recommendation can be addressed directly to Dr. Santisteban.
- Financial Aid release form, allows Financial Aid Office of UNCP to provide the results of your financial need analysis to the COMPASS scholarship committee for the purpose of consideration for this scholarship.
- Confirmation of having filed your FAFSA application.
Applications can be submitted electronically or by filling out a hard copy of the application form. The application period for the cohort entering Fall 2019 is now open. The deadline to submit applications is Thursday, April 18th, 2019. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Offers will be made at the end of June-beginning of July. Please, address your requests to Dr. Maria S. Santisteban at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone (910)775-4274.