To apply for the COMPASS2 scholarship, please submit the following:
- COMPASS Application Form, including ethnicity, citizenship status, if you are a first generation student, and career plans.
- Financial Aid release form, allows Financial Aid Office of UNCP to provide the results of your financial need analysis to the COMPASS scholarship committee for the purpose of consideration for this scholarship.
- Copy of your transcript
- High school students: have your school counselor send your transcript.
- Current Community College students: Unofficial CC transcript.
- Personal Statement indicating why you are interested in the program, what makes you a good candidate, and why your family’s financial circumstances justify consideration for the S-STEM Scholarship. Essays should be typed, double-spaced, and approximately 500 words. If submitting the application electronically, the Personal Statement can be uploaded as part of you Personal information form.
- 2 sealed letters of recommendation addressing your academic achievements, leadership experiences, and character. One letter of recommendation should be from a STEM teacher. Letters or recommendation can be addressed directly to Dr. Santisteban.
- Confirmation of having filed your FAFSA application.
Applications can be submitted electronically or by filling out a hard copy of the application form found below. The application deadline is Monday, March 30th 2020. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview in May 2020. Offers will be made by the end of May. Please, address your requests to Dr. Maria S. Santisteban at email@example.com, or by phone (910)775-4274.