The COMPASS2 program has already enrolled three cohorts and is not recruiting anymore students for this cycle
To apply for the COMPASS2 scholarship, please submit the following:
- COMPASS Application Form, including ethnicity, citizenship status, if you are a first generation student, and career plans.
- Financial Aid release form, allows Financial Aid Office of UNCP to provide the results of your financial need analysis to the COMPASS scholarship committee for the purpose of consideration for this scholarship.
- Personal Statement indicating why you are interested in the program, what makes you a good candidate, and why your family’s financial circumstances justify consideration for the S-STEM Scholarship. Essays should be typed, double-spaced, and approximately 500 words. The Personal Statement can be uploaded as part of you Personal information form.
- 2 letters of recommendation addressing your academic achievements, leadership experiences, and character. One letter of recommendation should be from a STEM teacher. Letters of recommendation should be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate "COMPASS2 recommendation" in the subject line. Recommenders should address:
- A paragraph or sentence that explains how they know you and for how long.
- An evaluation of your skills/accomplishments. If possible they should offer specific examples that illustrate your strengths and qualifications. These examples should be brief but detailed.
- A summary that explains why they recommend you and to what degree.
- Copy of your transcript
- High school students: have your school counselor send your transcript by email to email@example.com.
- Current Community College students: Unofficial CC transcript.
- Confirmation of having filed your FAFSA application. Sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be submitted electronically.
Please, address your requests to Dr. Maria S. Santisteban at email@example.com, or by phone (910)775-4274.