Who are the Wellness Ambassadors?
The Wellness Ambassadors are a group of students who lead UNCP’s commitment to students’ wellbeing at their residence halls and campus-wide.
Health and wellness topics covered by Wellness Ambassadors include but are not limited to resilience, fitness, nutrition, body positivity, sexual health, gender equality, stress reduction, healthy relationships, thriving life strategies, mental health awareness, interpersonal violence prevention, and alcohol and drugs misuse prevention.
- Become leaders and advocates of UNCP wellness initiatives
- Bring wellness initiatives to UNCP community
- Help brainstorm and plan wellness programming
- Help distribute promotional materials throughout campus
- Help identify health and wellness challenges on UNCP campus
- Participate and recruit others for wellness activities and programs
Benefits of becoming a Wellness Ambassador:
- UNCP wellness leader and advocate
- Become a voice for change
- Direct impact on UNCP wellbeing
- Community relationships
- Develop programming skills
- Receive professional training
- Outstanding resume builder
Students who wish to apply must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA. The application can be found by clicking here. (Link: https://uncp.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1UeEYtBpUr1clRc) The deadline for the application is August 20th.
Wellness Ambassadors are now housed in Student Health Services, but the program was initiated by Resident Advisors in Housing & Residence Life in 2017.