FALL WAIVER/ENROLLMENT PERIOD: May 1, 2021 - September 10, 2021
Student Health Insurance
All registered students taking six (6) or more credit hours are required to purchase the student health insurance plan, with the following exceptions: distance education students and students who submit evidence of equivalent coverage satisfactory to the policyholder. If you do not submit a waiver online, you will automatically purchase the Student Health Insurance and the charge will remain on your student account. If you have any questions, please contact Student Health Services at 910.521.6219. For more information about Student Health Insurance Plan, please visit studentbluenc.com/#/uncp. Student Blue, underwritten by Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC), will be the insurance vendor on all 16 UNC campuses.
Note: International students are not eligible for the waiver, except for ISEP and Global UGRAD. For more information, please visit studentbluenc.com/#/uncp or call Student Health Services at 910.521.6219.
Our partnership with Student Blue will include:
- Comprehensive health insurance benefits and services.
- Quick and easy online enrollment and waiver process.
- Anytime access to benefit information from your laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Extraordinary customer service for students, parents and campus staff.
- Peace-of-mind with the Blue Cross brand and the largest provider network in North Carolina – to complement the care provided on-campus at the Student Health Center.
- Please note the following: Students must enroll in or waive out of the coverage no later than September 10th for the fall semester and no later than January 31st for the spring semester. Visit studentbluenc.com/#/uncp to start the enrollment or waiver process. Students that do not submit an approved waiver, and have not enrolled themselves in the program, will be enrolled automatically. Rates for the 2021-2022 Academic Year is $2,616.80 per year ($1,308.40 per semester).
- Students who have existing family or individual coverage through another Blue Cross Blue Shield plan must complete the wavier. Students who are covered under a different health insurance plan must waive out of the school insurance but are welcome to consider Student Blue.
- Students enrolled in online ONLY classes are not eligible for the Student Health Insurance plan.
- International students are not eligible for the waiver. For more information, please visit studentbluenc.com/#/uncp or call Student Health Services at 910.521.6219.
- The voluntary enrollment option is no longer available.
- Plan Benefits and Information: Student Blue offers a variety of benefits, including health and wellness programs, member discounts and access to the largest provider network in the state.