The Division of Student Affairs at UNC Pembroke is [still] here for you and remains committed to our students and campus community throughout this pandemic. Check out the list of virtual events, programs and services below. All of our departments are [still] open and here to foster student success. Reach out to us directly, or to any of our departments as we get through this together.
CEL is [still] here for you. Check out their virtual programs and events below, visit uncp.edu/CEL and follow them on social media @leaduncp for more information.
- Meet CEL Mondays: Learn fun trivia so you can get to know one of the professional staff members in the office.
- GOLD in SOLD Spotlight Tuesdays: Meet all 12 organizations with gold status in this year’s student organization leadership development (SOLD) process.
- Wear Letters Wednesdays: We encourage all Greek-lettered organizations to proudly post pictures of yourselves in your letters. To celebrate, we’ll post videos showcasing the different councils on campus every Wednesday.
- Leadership Lessons Thursdays: Leadership and soft skills make up 9 of 10 employer’s most desired skills. Each week, we’ll cover a new topic to help you reach your full leadership potential.
- Virtual meetings with student organizations
- Student Leadership Awards extended
- PAC’s 27th Annual Talent Show: Happening now, virtually! Voting remains open until Friday, April 17. Students can vote online and watch contestants via provided YouTube playlist and voting link.
- Virtual SGA recruitment and meeting: Check out uncp.edu/SGA to learn more.
- Weekly live events: Join @leaduncp for live events on Facebook/Instagram.
- September 1: Final Distinguished Speaker Series event featuring Joy Harjo.
Campus Recreation is [still] here for you. Think outside the run with virtual programs and events below. Visit uncp.edu/campusrec and follow @uncpcampusrec for more information.
- Free streaming workouts with Les Mills: Group and individual instruction for isolated locations that utilize minimal equipment. Visit https://watch.lesmillsondemand.com/at-home-workouts through the IM Leagues platform to get started.
- Social media fitness challenges: Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as Assistant Director Daniel Perdue provides 30-min high intensity virtual work out challenges every Monday and Wednesday.
- Virtual Tuesday/Thursday trivia events on social media.
- Work Out of the Day through IMLeagues: Work Out of the Day is provided on Fridays on our website and social media platforms in a text format. These are simple, low-intensity work outs for individuals that don’t exercise at a high-intensity level.
- Virtual yoga and kettlebell classes: Hosted by Tonya Baxley, these 30-minute virtual classes can be found at uncp.edu/campusrec under Fitness and Wellness.
Community and Civic Engagement is [still] here for you. Visit uncp.edu/cce to learn more about their services and how you can continue to serve during COVID-19.
- Volunteer opportunities on serve.uncp.edu.
- CARE Resource Center remains open (Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10 a.m.-2 p.m.). If you are away from campus, but still experiencing needs, please contact the department directly for resources.
- Virtual Food Drive for the CARE Resource Center. Visit uncp.edu/careuncp to donate.
The Career Center is [still] here for you. With virtual events, one-on-one counseling and resume review, now is the time to connect. Alumni, there are virtual events for you as well. Visit uncp.edu/careers and follow on social media @uncpcareercenter.
- One-on-one career counseling: Connect with us to begin one-on-one career counseling by phone or web. Call to get started.
- Senior resume review: Calling all seniors! Submit your resumes for review now via Handshake for customized feedback. Visit uncp.edu/career to get started.
- April 2: Virtual Etiquette Dinner
- April 13-16: Virtual Career Connections: Our annual Career Fair has gone virtual!
- April 24: Virtual Education Career Connections: The education sector career fair will be virtual this year. Connect with us to join.
- April 6: Adulting 101—Virtual interview skills
- April 7: Video mock interviews
- April 21: Webinar—DMA Sales LLC
- April 22: Webinar—Valley Health
- May 4: Webinar—Maximizing Indeed and Other Job Search Engines (alums)
- May 8: Webinar—The Art of Interviewing (alums)
- May 12: Panel—A Recruiter’s Guide to the Application Process (alums)
- May 14: Webinar—Resume Workshop (alums)
- Week of May 18: Virtual Employer Informational Sessions (alums)
- Week of May 25: Video Chat Mock Interviews (alums)
OSID is [still] here for you. Connect with the team online via social media and at uncp.edu/osid for resources and various awareness campaigns.
- Digital diversity resources available at uncp.edu/osid.
- Awareness campaigns on social media: follow @uncposid
Police and Public Safety is [still] here for you. Our team of officers is committed to protecting BraveNation and remains on-campus to keep our community safe. Download the LiveSafe Mobile app to stay up to date with real time safety updates.
- Continued service on-campus.
- LiveSafe mobile app. Free download for Apple and Android. Visit uncp.edu/LiveSafe for details.
- Online parking portal: Reserve your parking permits, pay parking tickets and manage other parking actions at uncp.edu/parking.
CAPS is [still] here for you. Throughout the pandemic, Counseling and Psychological Services will maintain all of their individual services remotely to students wanting to continue counseling and medication management. Call to get started.
- Virtual counseling sessions available via phone or WebEx video. Call to begin.
- Woebot free mobile app available for download.
- 24/7 Crisis Line 910.775.4749
- iRest (Integrative Restoration—a deep meditative practice) meditation audio files are available at uncp.edu/caps. iRest practice explores the state that exists between sleep and wakefulness, where deep healing takes place in the mind and body. During the 30-40 minute practice, you are guided to rotate your conscious awareness through physical body and progress into an exploration of feelings, emotions, thoughts and joy that are present during your practice. This rotating awareness has been demonstrated to increase focus and attention while helping the nervous system calm.
Housing and Residence Life is [still] here for you. Stay connected while off-campus through email, web, social media and phone. Follow the team on social media to join social media challenges.
- RoomPact message boards.
- Virtual RA meetings and bulletin boards.
- Virtual programming/challenges.
- 2020-21 housing applications online.
The CARE Team is [still] here for you. Connect via phone, WebEx, Twitter and at uncp.edu/campus-life/care-team.
- Virtual resources and support services
- Academic success strategies
- Self-care strategies
- Interactive asset map on website to help you locate resources near UNC Pembroke.
- Concerned about someone? Submit a Care Report to let us know.
Student Health Services is [still] here for you. From telehealth appointments to virtual resources and on-campus support, SHS is committed to providing high-quality healthcare for students. Call to get started.
- Continued service on-campus. Call 910.521.6219 to get started.
- Virtual self-care resources at uncp.edu/shs.
- Telehealth services. Phone and web appointments available. Call to get started.
- Wellness Wednesdays social media challenges. Follow along to learn about specific health-related topics each week.
Environmental Health and Safety is [still] here for you. Virtual training sessions are available, and the team remains committed to keeping a safe campus environment. Visit uncp.edu/safety to learn more.
- Virtual LASER training and exam
- Virtual golf cart training and exam
- Autoclave safety program and exam
The Office of Student Conduct is [still] here for you. Visit uncp.edu/conduct to connect.
- Though UNCP classes are being conducted in a virtual environment, the standards of behavior have not changed. Students are expected to demonstrate respect in all virtual interactions with other students, faculty and staff. Student integrity and the authenticity of student work, regardless of technology platform, continues to be an expectation. All students are expected to adhere to the UNCP Student Code of Conduct, Academic Honor Code and all policies that govern students. Should you have any questions about how campus policies apply to you, feel free to contact the Office of Student Conduct at email@example.com.
For additional virtual university resources, visit uncp.edu/UNCPcares.