Motor vehicles, including two-wheeled motor vehicles, driven or parked on campus by students, faculty and staff must be registered and display a current UNC Pembroke official parking permit. Fees for permits are:
PARKING PERMIT FEE
- Annual Permit: $147.00
- Semester Permit: $91.00
- Annual Permit: $133.00
- Semester Permit: $80.00
Reserved Parking (Faculty/Staff ONLY) $433.00
Faculty/Staff Salary Range Parking Fee
- $00-$49,999 $139.00
- $50,000-$99,999 $150.00
- $100,000-$149,999 $162.00
- $150,000 or greater $175.00
- $54.00 (ONLY AVAILABLE MAY 01, 2021 - JULY 31, 2021)
ALL VISITOR’S & TEMPORARY EMPLOYEES MUST PURCHASE A TEMPORARY PERMIT
- Temporary Permit $22.00 per month.
Students who own or keep a motor vehicle on campus must register the vehicle in his or her name at Campus Police/Traffic Office.
Vehicle Registration fees are non-refundable.
Graduate assistants are not allowed to purchase faculty/staff permits.
Faculty/Staff may participate in the Parking Deduction Enrollment.
Resident students must park in assigned residential lots. Faculty/Staff and Commuters may park in their respective assigned areas. Violators will be issued citations. Assigned parking is enforced from 7:30 a.m. thru 5:00 p.m. daily MONDAY – FRIDAY.
All bicycles operated and/or parked on campus must be registered with the Traffic Office. Bicycle permits must be affixed to the front wheel forks or handle bars. Bicycles must be parked and/or chained only to bicycle racks, and cannot be chained to light poles, handrails, benches, and/or parked as to impede pedestrian traffic in or near buildings. Every person operating a bicycle is required to adhere with traffic control devices and rules of the road. Pedestrians always have the Right of Way on campus streets, lots and walkways.
If a permit is lost or stolen, it should be reported to the University Police at 910.521.6235 immediately. Once the report is on file with the police, a replacement permit may be obtained from the Traffic Office for $5. The original permit is then automatically invalid.
Any employee or student who, because of a short-term illness or permanent disability, requires a vehicle on campus, must apply for a parking permit to park in an accessible space. The individual is responsible for providing all information necessary to process and review their request for an exception due to a disability. A current state-issued handicapped placard is required for long-term disabilities.
Visitors are welcome to the UNC Pembroke campus. There are visitor parking spaces available throughout the campus. However, these spaces are limited to one-hour parking and they are not for students, faculty or staff. If you are visiting our campus for more than one hour, you are required to go to the Traffic Office in Business Services Building and obtain a visitor’s parking permit. Those who will be visiting campus for more than one day will be charged a $5 permit fee.
- The Administration has the authority to close any street, parking lot, or driveway. Use of each closed area constitutes a violation.
- University Police have the authority to remove by towing any vehicle parked or stopped in such a manner as to be blocking a legally parked vehicle, obstructing the normal flow of traffic, or parked in a reserved area. Any charge or expense for towing is the responsibility of the owner of the vehicle.
- A tire locking device may be used for repeat offenders or those persons with outstanding parking fines.
- There are sixteen (16) blue light emergency telephones that are located in various parking lots throughout campus. These phones may be used in emergency situations or for motorist assistance.
- No refunds will be made nor student records released until all violations have been paid in full.
- Dirt bikes, rocket bikes, gas scooters, 4-wheelers, and privately owned golf carts are not allowed on campus streets, lots and sidewalks. Gas powered vehicles are not allowed inside any buildings.
Except as otherwise provided by ordinances adopted by UNC Pembroke’s Board of Trustees, all of the provisions relating to the use of highways of the State and the operation of motor vehicles thereon shall be applicable to all streets, alleys, driveways and parking lots on property that is owned or leased in whole or in part by the State of North Carolina, and which includes the campus of UNC Pembroke.
Ordinances relating to pedestrians and vehicular traffic and parking on the campus of UNC Pembroke have been adopted and approved by the Board of Trustees and are enforced by the University Police 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
All persons, incuding students, faculty and staff who operate, own or drive a motor vehicle on the campus of UNC Pembroke are subject to these ordinances. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR VEHICLE. IF YOU LOAN YOUR VEHICLE TO ANYONE AND THEY RECEIVE A CAMPUS CITATION YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CITATION.
University parking areas will be zoned, reserved or restricted, (refer to the map for the designation of specified areas). Parking is prohibited on campus except in lots, streets, and areas indicated in the Ordinances. “Legal parking at all times is restricted to the spaces as they are marked for parking.”
Faculty/Staff and students must park in their respectively assigned areas, or in GENERAL parking (Lot #14, #23 & #24) if their area is full. Violators will be issued citations. Assigned parking is enforced from 7:30 a.m. thru 5:00 p.m. MONDAY-FRIDAY. Remote parking lots marked “Day Lot” are for general parking at a reduced rate and available 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., MONDAY-FRIDAY.
Reserved parking can be arranged in advance by contacting the Traffic Office. Conference guests will be required to display temporary parking permits. The sponsoring department should obtain these in advance through the Traffic Office.