FRESHMAN MOVE-IN: Saturday, August 10, 2019
NOTE: THIS INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE THROUGHOUT THE SUMMER.
NOTE: Athletes, Honors College & Leadership Learning Community residents please contact your respective program for additional move-in information.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
Box EVERYTHING, reducing loose items
- This will help our Move-in Teams help you
- Use plastic bins if possible
- Plastic bins are reusable, reduce waste, are more secure than cardboard, and stack easier
Label EVERYTHING with:
- Student name AND cell phone number (ex. Tommy Hawk. 910-521-6775)
- Residence Hall AND room number (ex. Oak Hall 121)
Bring your BravesCard (Student ID)
- Your ID provides access to your hall or community building
- It is NOT your room key; you will be issued a key when you check-in at your respective facility
- Your ID was provided at orientation
Print and bring with you your hall’s parking pass and information sheet, which also includes the campus move-in map (found below).
NOTE: Move-in Teams will have limited access to hand trucks to help you move larger items. Bringing your own hand truck can be a wise investment for your college career.
NOTE: The University is not responsible for lost or misplaced items.
WHEN TO ARRIVE
Please arrive during your assigned time window only. Being early does not help us help you.
- Residence Halls (PDF's found below)
- Belk – 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- Oak – 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- Pine – 12:00 PM to 2:30 PM
- North – 12:00 PM to 2:30 PM
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Arrive during your assigned time window only.
- Enter campus at your designated entrance only.
- Follow the move-in map and signs
- Roads used for Move-in will be ONE WAY only
- Coming in the wrong way will result in being turned around and back to the correct entrance
- Follow the directions of Campus Police and the Move-in Team.
- When you reach the Drop-off Zone for your area:
- DO NOT LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE
- UNCP Staff will assign a Move-in Team to help you
- Students will be directed to get their room key while the Move-in Team helps unload
- Once unloaded, vehicles must be moved to your area’s designated move-in parking lot BEFORE moving items to your room.
- Ideally one family member moves the vehicle while the Move-in Team goes with the student and other family members to the student’s room in one trip
- Arriving by yourself? No problem, the Move-in Team will watch your items and wait for you to return
- Before leaving the Drop-off Zone, confirm the Move-in Team has everything, and, before they leave your room, confirm everything has arrived
- That’s it! Set-up your room! Welcome to the BraveNation!
There is no move-in on Sunday, August 11, 2019
NOTE: The fall semester meal plans will begin on Saturday, August 10, 2019.
NEW TRANSFER AND RETURNING STUDENTS MOVE-IN
Move-in is Monday, August 12, 2019 from 9:00am – 4:00pm and Tuesday, August 13, 2019 from 9am – 4:00pm. Residents will pick-up their room key from their assigned residential community. Due to staff involvement in in-service training, please do not arrive before the designated times.
Students who arrive after the designated times may pick-up their room key from their Community Director from 6:00pm – 9:00pm.
There is no move-in on Sunday, August 11, 2019.
FALL SEMESTER CLOSING
The traditional residence halls close for Fall Semester on Saturday, December 7, 2019, at 3:00pm.
Village Apartment and Courtyard Apartment residents registered for spring semester may stay during the fall semester closing. For safety considerations, apartment residents staying should notify the staff. Minimal services are available during the break. Students residing in the same room from fall semester to spring semester are not required to remove belongings from their room except as a personal security precaution.
Before leaving for the semester, please remember to:
- Empty all trash from your room.
- Lock your windows.
- Unplug ALL items from electrical system. (except refrigerators and aquariums)
- Make sure all food and drinks are removed or sealed properly.
- Check to make sure ALL items which produce heat are disconnected.
- Turn off any alarm clocks/timed devices.
- Turn out ALL lights.
- LOCK YOUR DOOR!
- DOUBLE CHECK YOUR WINDOWS AND DOOR(S)!
**Remember to pack your airplane tickets, medicines and other important items
Students who are not returning for the Spring Semester must be checked out of their rooms by a member of the Housing staff. Your RA has access to the Room Inventory Form which you submitted through Roompact when you moved in at the beginning of the academic year. Each resident is responsible for submitting their their key(s) to the Housing Office once they have been checked out by a member of the staff. Housing Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Students who check out after 5:00 p.m. or on Saturday may turn in their keys to the Community Director.
It is expected that a student check out 24 hours following their last exam. The RA will inventory each resident’s room at the time of check out. Any damaged or missing items will be recorded and appropriate charges will be made.
If you have any questions concerning hall closing or check out procedures, please contact your Community Director. Thank you for your cooperation.