Below is a typical two-year timeline for the Community Forward Fellowship, broken down by fall and spring semesters. Fellows will participate in workshops through the entirety of the program.
Fellows will have the opportunity to learn about servant leadership, social change theory, while engaging and collaborating with Community Partners. By the end of the Fellowship, fellows will have completed 90 hours at their community-based placement and present their work at the Community Forward Symposium.
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
Workshops & Events
These workshops are designed to provide a well-rounded learning experience for Community Forward Fellowship participants, equipping them with the skills, knowledge, and mindset needed to be effective servant leaders and community advocates.
- Community Forward Fellowship Welcome Social: time to meet your cohort and Fellowship facilitators.
- UNCP Serves Days of Service: these Days of Service will happen throughout the year. All Fellows are encouraged to attend.
- Workshop: Finding Your Why & the ABC Model: learn how to identify and develop your 'why' and Community & Civic Engagement's approach to working with Community Partners.
- Civic Responsibility & Social Advocacy: learn how to explore issues affecting their community and how they can become advocates for positive change.
- Introduction to Servant Leadership: learn about this philosophy and leadership style of serving first and leading second.
- Cultural Competency & Inclusivity: a workshop that promotes cultural awareness, sensitivity, and inclusivity to prepare participants to engage with diverse communities effectively.
- Aligning Your Why with Community Involvement: A workshop to reflect on your 'why' and how to activate it to increase community engagement.
- Community & Civic Engagement Holiday Social: let's celebrate the semester!