Gain experience while helping others. Service is one of UNCP’s core values. We believe it is our responsibility to give back and support our community through serving others. There are many benefits to volunteering and getting involved. Service:
- helps build skills and experiences that help make you attractive to future employers;
- provides opportunities to become active, positive contributors to society;
- allows you the opportunity to interact and build relationships with diverse groups of people;
- helps you to develop and use complex and critical thinking skills; and
- helps in the development and enhancement of leadership skills.
How do I become a volunteer?
For more information on how to navigate UNCP Serve (login, discover opportunities, track hours, connect with partners) click here.
Is my service documented?
UNCP Serve users can download an easy-to-read volunteer resume that summarizes their volunteer activity for a selected date range and includes graphs showing volunteer hours by month and what types of volunteer work has been done. The data shown on the resume is pulled from your opportunity responses, submitted volunteer hours, and event RSVPs.
For more information on how to download your volunteer resume click here.
How do I track my hours?
You can track hours that are associated with opportunity responses you’ve made on UNCP Serve and hours that are not associated with opportunity responses which are listed as “individual hours."
For more information on how to track your service hours click here.
Are volunteers recognized for their service?
The Office for Community & Civic Engagement honors volunteers and community members each year at our Volunteer Celebration hosted at the end of every spring semester.
For more information on service awards and volunteer badges click here.