The Teacher Education Fair allows students to network with and learn from recruiters about various K-12 opportunities.
Please continue exploring this page to learn who will be attending and how to prepare in order to get the most from the event as possible.
Anson County Schools
Bladen County Schools
Cabarrus County Schools
Catawba County Schools
Chapel Hill – Carrboro City Schools
Columbus County Schools
Cumberland County Schools
Durham Public Schools
Franklin County Public Schools
Guildford County Schools
Harnett County Schools
Hoke County Schools
Lee County Schools
Montgomery County Schools
Orange County School District
Public Schools of Robeson County
Randolph County School System
Richmond County Schools
Rowan – Salisbury School System
Scotland County Schools
The Roger Bacon Academy
Union County Public Schools
Wake County Public School System
Graduate Schools Attending
The Graduate School at UNC Pembroke
Prepare Your Resume
- Create or update your resume. Use the UNCP Resume Guide that teaches you step-by-step how to build a resume and the UNCP Resume Outline which is a totally customizable document that assists with formatting and structure of a resume.
- Schedule an appointment with a career counselor using Handshake or visit the Career Center during drop-in hours Monday through Friday from 1:30 PM to 4 PM to have your resume reviewed and critiqued.
- Bring 10+ printed copies to the fair to give to employers.
- Dress in business professional attire, or as close to this as you can get.
- Be conservative with cologne, perfume, and cosmetics.
- Carry a folder or padfolio with your materials to keep them neat and to collect business cards or informational packets recruiters may provide.
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Spit out your gum.
Do Your Homework
- Review the list of employers attending the fair below.
- Look on Handshake for postings for the organizations that will be in attendance to preview job descriptions; if there aren’t any listed, check the company website for opportunities. This will help you prepare for the conversations you will have with recruiters.
- Consider these questions:
- What are the staffing needs of __________ at this time?
- What are the characteristics of an ideal candidate?
- Inappropriate questions to avoid:
- What jobs are you offering?
- What is the salary for this position?
- What benefits do you offer?
- Prepare and practice your elevator pitch. The pitch allows you to introduce yourself at a career fair or networking event with employers. You want to practice so it sounds natural!
- Show enthusiasm!
- Be confident and network independently.
- Collect business cards from employers.
- Send a thank you email within 24 hours.