"Virtual CPR / AED"
Heartsaver CPR/AED Online, with the hands-on session conducted with an instructor and the cost of the class is $15.00. If you have any questions, please contact Michael Parnell, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 910.521.6261. Please visit Heartsaver CPR / AED Oline - https://shopcpr.heart.org/heartsaver-cpr-aed-online.
American Red Cross Resources
COVID - 19 Mental Health First Aid:
Topics, developed with the expertise of the Red Cross Scientific Advisory Council and the Canadian Red Cross, include recognizing stress as well as
caring for yourself while supporting your family and coworkers. We encourage you to take advantage of this free course – and share it with others.
Red Cross Learning Center Resources for Facilities:
- COVID-19 guidance page serves as a clearinghouse for all Training Services policy exceptions, interim guidance, options and resources.
- Aquatic Support Forum During COVID-19: network and share ideas and best practices with other facilities.
- Water Safety Instructor Trainers: Provides information on how to teach the Water Safety Instructor Blended Learning Course using an alternate schedule where all of the online content is completed prior to the first in-person class session.
- Lifeguarding Operations: provides information for engaging and preparing your lifeguarding and aquatics safety team now, including how to teach the Lifeguarding Blended Learning Course using an alternate schedule.
- Aquatics Providers: provides ideas and suggestions for integrating these resources for parents/caregivers, children and the community into your organization.
Online Safety Courses:
FREE online safety courses are available for individuals and for providers. If you are interested in taking the course please visit Redcross.org or as a provider visit the Red Cross Learning Center for course catalog information:
NEW for 2020: Water Safety for Parents and Caregiver
Free Online Resources:
- Water Safety Information is a public resource for water safety and water competency to share with your communities.
- Water Safety for Kids is a go-to source of information for all about the importance of water safety with activities and quizzes for kids, WHALE Tales video lessons, and “live” links to other helpful safety sites. WHALE Tales features eight water safety topics to help teach elementary-school aged children about water safety while they are at home and can be utilized for “dry-land” online and classroom training.
- Red Cross Swim is a free mobile app that features drowning prevention and emergency response information. Text "SWIM" to 90999 to download the app.