Campus Engagement and Leadership is committed to Changing Lives Through Education by realizing the Division of Student Affairs Mission goals of empowering students to succeed, facilitating active learning, developing cultural appreciation, promoting responsible citizenship, and ensuring a robust campus experience for student engagement.
Campus Engagement and Leadership’s vision is to serve as the first-choice content experts for campus engagement and leadership development in support of students, staff, faculty, and the local community.
Campus Engagement and Leadership’s mission is to provide meaningful co- and extra-curricular developmental and educational opportunities for students in a values-based and student-centered environment.
We will achieve our mission by:
- Engaging students with appropriately designed opportunities to develop their leadership capacity;
- Cultivating peer to peer connections that foster a sense of belonging and institutional affinity;
- Providing an opportunity for membership in organizations committed to values-based leadership; and,
- Involving students in the planning and implementation of co- and extra-curricular activities.
- CONNECT. Getting connected means identifying your interests and matching them with a multitude of opportunities at UNC Pembroke. Campus Engagement and Leadership encourages students to connect with students, faculty, staff, the campus community, and beyond.
- ENGAGE. Being engaged means celebrating the culture of campus through personal and group exploration. Engaged students never stop learning, and they understand their personal responsibility to the campus community.
- LEAD. Leading means working with others in a supportive community to create positive change. Leadership at UNC Pembroke is about creating a legacy that will leave both the campus and the community better than you found it.