Visiting Students

Visiting students

Pembroke understands and supports the pursuit of lifelong education and learning. In support of this idea, the Enrichment/Non-degree admission category is designed for adult students interested in taking college level courses for credit--but not necessarily toward earning a degree. Learn more about UNC Pembroke

Enrichment/Non-Degree Student

Enrichment/Non-degree students must submit: a completed UNCP application, $55 application fee, and high school or college transcripts indicating graduation.

Enrichment/Non-degree students are limited to a maximum of 15 semester hours TOTAL. After attaining 15 semester hours students are required to reapply for regular admission to the university. Credits earned while an Enrichment/Non-degree student will be credited toward a degree.

Enrichment/Non-degree students are not eligible to receive financial aid.

Certification/Renewal Admissions

The University of North Carolina at Pembroke is extremely proud of the awards and accomplishments of our School of Education. As part of our commitment to education in North Carolina (and around the United States) we offer a special Certification/Renewal admissions program.

Prospective teachers and licensed teachers needing to renew their credentials are allowed to enroll after presenting proof of a bachelor's degree.

Certification/Renewal students must submit: a complete UNCP Application, $55 application fee, and college transcripts indicating the conference of a bachelor's degree.

Students admitted for Certification/Renewal must also apply for admission to the School of Education. Once admitted to the School of Education an appropriate plan of study will be devised by the specific department and the Teacher Education office.

Transient Admissions

Transient students are visiting students who are normally enrolled at another college or university. Transient admissions require that the prospective student obtains permission from their regular institution to take courses at UNCP.

Transient students must submit: a completed UNCP Transient Application with the appropriate certification from their home institution. There is no fee for the transient application.

Transient students must receive permission from their home institutions prior to each term attended at UNCP. Normally, students are limited to one semester of transient work before having to return to their home institution (depending on the policies of the student's home institution). The cost of transient courses at UNCP is the same as courses taken under regular admissions. Transient students are not eligible to receive financial aid.

Joint Enrollment Admissions

The Joint Enrollment Program is designed for high school students who have excelled academically in high school and prove ready for college-level work. Students may register for no more than one course per semester while completing their high school curriculum, and they cannot take courses that are offered at their high school. Interested students must submit a special Joint Enrollment Application, an official high school transcript, SAT/ACT scores, and class rank. Permission must be granted from the student's high school principal or guidance counselor, the course instructor and the Director of Admissions prior to admission as a Joint Enrolled student. An application fee is not required.