Transferring Credits

As a transfer student, it is helpful to know which classes will transfer to UNCP.

Below is a useful tool in determining if your previous coursework will transfer. Only courses of “C” or better can be transferred. This is not the entire list of courses accepted for credit, but contains courses that have previously been reviewed by the Office of Admissions at UNCP. It is subject to change at any time.

If you have specific questions about a course not listed on this website, please contact the Office of Admissions at If admitted to UNCP, you will receive a full evaluation of all previous coursework.

North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement

UNC Pembroke is an active participant in the North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement.

UNC Pembroke accepts all credit under the guidelines of the agreement. If a student from a North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) college believes the terms of the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) have not been honored by a University of North Carolina (UNC) institution to which the student has been admitted, the student may invoke the CAA Transfer Credit Appeal Procedure. Appeals of credits not covered in the CAA, including those from four year and out-of-state institutions, will be settled by referral to the applicable academic department chair. A minimum grade of “C” is required for all transfer coursework. Grades of "C- (minus)" and below will not transfer.

In addition to the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement, the following are general education and University graduation requirements: Students must take a minimum of 9 hours of Writing Intensive courses and must complete the rest of UNC Pembroke’s General Education Requirement to complete the 120 hours for each degree. A minimum of 25% of the semester hours needed for each degree must be completed in residence at UNC Pembroke.