The first step in your journey to BraveNation is create a Bridge2Brave account. Once you create an account you can:
- Register for campus tours and over events
- Begin receiving information via email
- Apply for admission
- Track your application status
Freshman Admission Requirements
- Four years of English
- Algebra I, II, Geometry and one year of advanced mathematics beyond Algebra II
- Three years of science including physical, biological and laboratory science
- Two years of social studies including U.S. history
- Two years of the same foreign language
- Standardized test scores may be required for students applying for the fall 2022 term, but a final determination has not been made.
Please check this website regularly for updates
How to Apply
A complete application for freshman admission includes:
- Completed online application, Bridge2Brave Portal or via CFNC.org
- Nonrefundable $55 application fee
- Official high school transcript
- Standardized test scores. UNCPs codes are: SAT: 5534 and ACT: 3138
- Standardized test scores may be required for students applying for the fall 2022 semester, but a determination has not been made. Please check back frequently for updates.
Official documents can be uploaded to your Bridge2Brave account or sent via email: email@example.com or mailed to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1 University Drive
Pembroke, NC 28372
Please note: If you apply via CFNC.org, you still need to set up a Bridge2Brave account.
We offer rolling admission, so as soon as your application is complete we will review your credentials and get a decision to you.
We do encourage you to apply early for priority consideration for available scholarships and admission to Maynor Honors College
Enrollment Deposit (Admitted Students Only)
We encourage you to pay your enrollment deposit as early as you feel comfortable to secure your spot in the incoming class!
Secure your spot in BraveNation by:
- Log into your Bridge2Brave account
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to Enrollment Deposit and select Pay or Defer.
- Defer: If you are unable to pay your deposit right now or would like to wait for financial aid to be awarded (if applicable) select the Defer option. This will allow you to move forward in the enrollment process and the deposit will be applied to your first semester bill.
- Pay: Choose eitherfreshman living on campus or freshman living at home and commuting. Please note that all first-year freshman under age 21 are required to live on campus unless approved for a housing waiver.
- Once you have made your enrollment choice, go to the bottom and choose PAY or DEFER, then SUBMIT.
- If you choose to DEFER, you have successfully completed the enrollment deposit process after clicking SUBMIT.
- If you choose to PAY, you will need to scroll to the bottom of the page and choose PAY DEPOSIT to be directed to our secure payment site where you will complete the process.
The NC Residency Determination Service (RDS) determines residency for tuition purposes for all UNC System universities. If you are an undergraduate student applying for admission and claiming in-state residency for tuition purposes, you must visit NCresidency.org to verify your residency.
Please note that the process could take up to 25 days to complete, so starting early is in your best interest.
If you have already completed the residency verification process and obtained your Residency Certification Number (RCN), you can enter your RCN when filling out your application. If you do not already have your RCH, you may submit your application and then come back and enter your RCN once you have it. It is your responsibility to complete the Residency Determination Process in a timely manner.
For additional information visit our Residency FAQ page.
Early College Graduates
As a graduate from a North Carolina Cooperative Innovative High School (CIHS) you have an important decision to make when applying for admission to UNC Pembroke. According to House Bill 97 Section 11.16.(a) “any student who graduated from a cooperative innovative high school program with an associate degree and who applies for admission to the constituent institution has the option of being considered for admission as a freshman or as a transfer student.” You can see if your early college qualifies by reviewing the list of Cooperative Innovative High School Programs.
If you choose to apply as a first-year freshman, an admission decision is made on the basis of: completing your minimum high school course requirements, overall weighted GPA and class rank, plus SAT and/or ACT scores.
If you choose to apply as a transfer student, an admission decision is based on the total number of transferable college credits and overall transfer GPA. Please refer to our Transfer Admission Requirements for more information.
To ensure your eligibility for housing, merit scholarships and first-year freshman programs, regardless of which option you choose, you will be listed as a first-year student with transfer college credit. However, your actual classification will be determined by the total amount of transferable semester hours of credit. Students at UNC Pembroke are classified according to the number of semester hours they’ve earned in keeping with the following table:
Less than 30 hours – Freshman 60 to 89 hours – Junior 30 to 59 hours – Sophomore 90 plus hours – Senior
If you have questions about which applicant status to select, please call our office at 910.521.6262 prior to submitting your application.
Pathways to Success
UNCP offers a variety of unique partnerships providing students Pathways to Success in a variety of professional programs.
North Carolina State University
East Carolina University
East Carolina University
(mechanical, electrical, civil, environmental)
North Carolina State University
Learn more about the Pathways to Success programs.
Maynor Honors College
The Honors College offers students an opportunity to become independent, successful thinkers, researchers and communicators, while simultaneously preparing them to be responsible members of a global society.
Once accepted to UNCP, incoming first-year students are automatically considered for membership in the Maynor Honors College. Selected students will receive an invitation. Incoming first-year students who do not receive an invitation, but would like to be considered for admission may submit an application.
Those invited to join the honors college will also be automatically eligible for merit scholarships To be most competitive for these awards, students should apply to UNCP as early as possible.
Explore the Honors College.