Graduate Students

Financial Aid for Graduate Students

Graduate Students are offered Federal Unsubsidized Student loans when they apply for financial aid through the FAFSA.

The federal Grad PLUS loan may also be applied for online at Student Loans  to help cover expenses if all Federal Unsubsidized Student Loans have been exhausted.

Graduate students applying for loans through the Financial Aid Office should understand that Graduate Assistantships and fee waivers may affect their financial aid package.

Students seeking a Graduate Certificate are not eligible for financial aid.  UNCP does not offer financial aid for any Graduate Certificate programs.

Alternative or Private loans are available to students who are not eligible for financial aid or who need additional funds beyond what the cost of Federal Unsubsidized or Graduate Plus loans do not cover.