Well, Start with These Reasons...
- Graduate Early. Use any of our five sessions to add to your credit total and advance your graduation.
- Better Value for Your Money. Are the summer school classes at your current college or university a little too expensive to allow you to take them? Or even if you're a UNCP student, wouldn't it be nice to finish a 3-credit course in less than 16 weeks?
- Explore Your Academic Options. Are you unsure of your major and want to try out some courses in various majors?
- Lots of Flexibility. You can take our Summer School classes in classrooms at UNCP or our satellite campuses ----and online.
- Broaden Your Education. Would you like to concentrate on your major so you can take more electives later on in your school career?
- Transferability. Anything you take with us will transfer at other UNC system schools.
- Promotability. A new or different degree might be just what you need to get promoted...
The good thing is that whatever reason you have for wanting or needing to go to summer school, UNC Pembroke has the courses you need at a competitive price and a convenient schedule. And it’s all delivered with the kind of personal attention that has drawn so many students to study with us.
We say 'Catch the UNCP Spirit'. It's the spirit of personal attention, accountability and learning. Our professors often choose UNC Pembroke because small class sizes make it possible for them to devote as much time as necessary to ensure that their students get a full chance to learn. That’s true during the regular school year, but during summer school sessions, student-to-faculty ratios are even better. We know that personal attention is important because not everyone learns the same way or at the same speed. At UNC Pembroke, we will accommodate your learning needs.
- MayMester : May 9 - 19
- Summer 1 : May 23 - June 27
- Summer 1 Intra : May 23 - June 13
- Summer 2 : June 28 - August 2
- Summer 2 Intra : July 5 - July 25
Will My Courses Transfer?
The courses you take and pass at UNC Pembroke during our summer sessions count the same as courses you take during the regular school year. If you are a student at a school outside North Carolina, chances are good that classes taken here will transfer directly as full credit hours. Arrangements by school vary, so we recommend you discuss specific transferability with our summer school staff and your home school
Lodging and Dining All Included
As our guests, personal attention will extend outside the classroom as well ---to your housing and dining. Stay in a traditional residence hall or an apartment, your choice. All are close to classrooms and dining, with an all-you-care-to-eat facility nearby. All you have to do is pick your package.
2017 Summer Session Housing (5-Week Session)
For a place to stay, you have a choice of double occupancy or a single room at a modern on-campus residence hall (Cypress, Pine and Oak Halls) or a campus apartment complex (Courtyard or Village) with kitchen, private bath(s) and more than one bedroom. For more information, please contact Residential Life at UNCP.
|Cypress, Pine and Oak Halls, Designated Single||$825|
|Cypress, Pine and Oak Halls, Double Occupancy||$695|
|Cypress, Pine and Oak Halls, Double Occupancy, Private||$870|
|Belk/North Double Occupancy||$645|
|Belk/North Double Occupancy, Private||$800|
|Courtyard Apartments, 2 Bedroom/2 Bath (Single BRs)||$845|
|Courtyard Apartments, 4 Bedroom/2 Bath (Single BRs)||$785|
|Village Apartments, Double Occupancy||$720|
|Village Apartments, Double Occupancy, Private||$800|
2017 Summer Session Dining
The Dining Hall will be available for students throughout the summer sessions. It's located in the Chavis University Center.
If you choose to eat there, you can eat a la carte, (by the meal), or you can buy a 5-week, 17 meals/week plan. If you decide to live in the on-campus Oak Hall, you'll be required to buy the Traditional Summer Session Meal Plan*. If you choose to live in the Courtyard campus apartments, you'll have access to a kitchen and can prepare some or all of your meals there, mix and match with an a la carte plan or save the cooking and buy a meal plan.
To keep things simple, we offer one full meal plan---the Traditional Summer Session Meal Plan--- for each 5-week period, starting with Session 1 (no plans are available for MayMester). The cost for that plan will be announced soon*.
If interested, get in touch with the Housing & Dining folks: 910.521.6203, email@example.com
*NOTE: Munch Money with meal plans is not available in the summer.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Before you enroll, decide which session you want to attend. There are five sessions: two full-length sessions, two ‘intra’ sessions and a ‘mini’ semester.
- Pick a package of lodging and dining that fits your needs. Call or email Residential Life and they'll get you signed up.
- Enroll. There are four ways for you to enroll in summer school classes at UNC Pembroke (or at least to get more information):