The University of North Carolina at Pembroke is approved by the Veterans Administration as a training facility for veterans. The Office of Veterans Services, located in the University Financial Aid Office, coordinates services to over 400 veterans, dependents, guardsmen and reservists attending classes and receiving veterans benefits.
Veteran Services Information Packet
Veterans-Montgomery GI Bill Videos
VA Newsletter (PDF)
- March 1, 2013 Number 3 (PDF)
- September 1, 2013 Number 4 (PDF)
- October 1, 2013 Number 5 (PDF)
- November 1, 2013 Number 6 (PDF)
February 1, 2014 Number 7 (PDF)
- March 1, 2014 Number 8 (PDF)
- April 1, 2014 Number 9 (PDF)
- May 1, 2014 Number 10 (PDF)
- January 1, 2015 Number 14 (PDF)
- February 1, 2015 Number 15 (PDF)
- March 1, 2015 Number 16 (PDF)
- April 1, 2015 Number 17 (PDF)
- May 1, 2015 Number 18 (PDF)
- August 1, 2015 Number 19 (PDF)
- September 1, 2015 Number 20 (PDF)
- October 1, 2015 Number 21 (PDF)
- November 1, 2015 Number 22 (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I start?
If you are eligible for VA benefits, contact the UNCP Veterans Certifyiing Official for appropriate VA application form that is necessary to activate your benefits:
Financial Aid Office
PO Box 1510
Pembroke, NC 28372-1510
What happens next?
The Veterans Certifying Official submits the original application and accompanying documentation to the Atlanta Regional Processing Center. Due to the volume of claims the ARPO processes, it can take up to 12 weeks to receive correspondence or a payment. Please be patient and do not inquire about your initial claim until at least 60 working days have passed.
How do I keep receiving these payments?
Renewal is not automatic. You must visit the UNCP Veterans Certifying Official, or print and mail a copy of your registration, as soon as you register for the following term to re-activate your benefits and prevent a lapse in payment. Without a new enrollment form, your payments will stop. The Veterans Certifying Official uses electronic certification for continuing students. You must notify this office if you change your major, withdraw or drop hours below the amount certified to the VA.
The following are the required forms that must be submitted to the Veterans Certifying Official:
- Undergraduate and Graduate students must have the VA Enrollment Worksheet (PDF) reviewed and signed by the program advisor. This is mandatory every semester.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) (PDF)
- Copy of term schedule of classes. Any updates should also be submitted as well.
Chapter 30 and 1606 veterans must verify their own monthly attendance to receive each check. Please choose one of these two ways to accomplish
- Sign and return the Student Verification Form (22-8979) mailed to you, or
- Dial the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system at 1.877.823.2378, or visit the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment Website (WAVE).