What are the requirements for a Gender Studies Minor?
Students must take 18 hours from the courses listed below, selecting courses from at least two different disciplines (AIS, ENG, HST, NUR, SOC, or SWK)*
- Indigenous Women (AIS/HST4250)
- Women’s Literature (ENG2080)
- Women and the Development of U.S. Society (HST3800)
- Women in U.S. History (HST4070)
- The History of Sexuality (HST4120)
- Nursing and Women’s Health (HLT4210)
- Gender and Society (SOC3540)
- Exploring Masculinities (SOC3890)
- Family (SOC303)
- Social Aspects of Human Sexuality (SOC/SWK3040)
- Women in Society (SOC/SWK3870)
- Addiction and Women (SOC/SAB4610)
- Women and Crime (CRJ/SOC4520)
*Permission of the Gender Studies Coordinator is required before any special topics course may be used to meet the requirements for the minor in Gender Studies.