The original Elmer W. Hunt Photograph Collection contained over 53,000+ negatives for photos taken by long-time University and community photographer, the late Elmer William Hunt, a local photographer who graduated from the University in 1953 when it was Pembroke State College and who served as the University’s photographer from 1953 to 1973. The collection contains thousands of photographs of University activities. There are also many photographs that were taken in the local schools and throughout the community, including at parades, weddings, and funerals. View the complete inventory of the collection.
The development of this digital collection was supported by grant funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the federal Library Services and Technology Act as administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Carolina Indian Voice
- Lumbee Regional Development Association (LRDA)
- Public Schools of Robeson County -coming soon-
- Public Schools of Robeson County - Magnolia -coming soon-
- Public Schools of Surrounding Counties -coming soon-
- County Events
- Strike at the Wind!
- Town of Pembroke
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke