The Teacher Resource Library is located in the School of Education, room 137
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
The mission of the Teacher Resource Library is to meet the instructional and research needs of students and faculty in programs preparing educators for early childhood through high school.
Please come and use our resources to develop lessons for science, math, social studies and language arts and more. The children's and young adult collection contains award winning titles to support read-aloud, lesson planning and curriculum units.
University of North Carolina at Pembroke Faculty, Staff & Students are welcome to bring their families to check out books using their University of North Carolina at Pembroke BraveCard ID. Community members that would like to use the collection may purchase an annual community card for the library from the Mary Livermore Library for $10 to check out items.
The Teacher Resource Library offers:
- A collection of 10,000 Children's and Young Adult literature
- Makerspace for creating, learning, exploring and sharing
- Computer workstations and printer
- Access to teaching materials, curriculum kits and NC K-8 textbooks
- Supplies and tools for production of instructional materials and an Ellison die cutter
To support Teacher Education students/professors:
- Research assistance for all SOE assignments
- Instruction in the use of curriculum-related resources
- Limited supplies available for students to complete classroom projects assigned by teacher education professors
(construction paper, glue, crayons, markers, etc.)
- Teacher Education students may drop off classroom projects or materials that they want to be laminated by Loria Huggins.