Welcome to the About the UNCP School of Education Page
This page will familiarize you with the many people, programs, and support organizations that are part of the UNCP School of Education.
Committed ~ Collaborative ~ Competent
Welcome to the School of Education at UNC Pembroke
The mission of the UNCP School of Education (SOE) is to prepare competent education professionals to serve in school and community settings as effective practitioners, leaders, and advocates in their respective fields. As an inclusive and collaborative community of learners, UNCP SOE will support student success and well-being through the use of innovative teaching practices, scholarship development, technology, and partnerships with local schools, families, and community resources and organizations.
The University of North Carolina at Pembroke School of Education works to:
- Establish a strong foundation by focusing on education and human development,
- Inspire future educators by modeling excellent teaching practices,
- Support faculty in research, teaching and service on local, state, and national levels
- Engage students in service learning,
- Maintain accreditation in all program areas,
- Develop school and community partnerships,
- Focus on undergraduate and graduate recruitment,
- Acquire additional funding through grants and stakeholder relations, and to
- Lead the way in the application of technological innovations.
School of Education Goals:
- The School of Education will commit to a strategic planning process that fosters the alignment of departmental goals and initiatives. (Internal)
- The School of Education will support student success and well-being through the development of collaborative partnerships with local schools, families, and community resources and organizations. (External)
- The School of Education will model reflective practice through the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of programs of study. (Internal/External)
We invite you to visit our campus. The School of Education is always available to answer inquiries and arrange meetings with particular offices or individuals.