1. How do I receive credit for an internship? Click here to find out how to receive credit for your internship.
2. Are online students required to complete all Passport requirements? Yes. Online students are required to complete the program. The program is designed to allow flexibility around your busy schedule. All requirements should be able to be completed in about 40 hours (excluding internships and community service). We invite you to attend all of the on campus events, but you can also choose to complete the program by attending events in your local area. If you would like to request for an event to be approved for Passport credit, please contact the Passport Agent- Cecelia Locklear (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Can I use work/school events to fulfill Passport requirements? Some work or student organization events can be used for Passport credit. If you would like to request for an event to be approved for Passport credit, please contact the Passport Agent- Cecelia Locklear (email@example.com)
4. How do I receive credit for community service? Students can use the Community and Civic Engagement portal to find community service opportunities. You can track your volunteer work through the portal, print a listing of your hours and submit to the Passport Agent- Cecelia Locklear as proof of completion. If opportunities are not available in your region through Community and Civic Engagement, you can submit a letter on company letterhead outlining services provided as well as number of hours completed.
5. Why do I have to complete the Passport Program? The UNCP School of Business wants to make sure you graduate as a well-rounded individual prepared to enter the workforce. In addition to making sure you gain knowledge in the classroom, we want to make sure you have the soft skills outside of the classroom which will differentiate you in the marketplace. UNCP is one of less than 10 schools in the country with a program like the Passport Program which is something you can talk about when you go for a job interview.