Alpha Delta Mu National Social Work Honor Society
Advocate of the People
The purpose of Alpha Delta Mu is to advance excellence in social work practice and to encourage, stimulate and maintain scholarship of the individual members in all fields, particularly in Social Work.
A student must be a Social Work or Social Welfare major, or majoring in a program that is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. In addition to academic excellence, a student must have demonstrated leadership ability, a high standard of personal behavior and a dedication to social work practice.
Eligibility for Undergraduate Students:
1) Achieved junior or senior standing.
2) Earned a minimum of 6 semester hours or equivalent in Social Work.
3) Achieved a grade point average of 3.25 or above.
4) Been duly enrolled in an undergraduate Social Work or Welfare program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
5) Twenty (20) hours of volunteer work that is NOT a part of field practicum.
Eligibility for Graduate Students:
1) Earned a minimum of 6 semester hours or equivalent in Social Work.
2) Achieved a grade point average of 3.5 or above.
3) Been duly enrolled in an accredited graduate school of Social Work.
4) Twenty (20) hours of volunteer work that is NOT a part of field practicum.
Application and Information
For more information please contact faculty advisors:
Dr. Rebekah Hazlett-Knudsen
Phone: (910) 521-6861
Office: HSCI 374
Dr. Summer Stanley
Phone: (910) 775-4085
Office: HSCI 370