The goal of the Passport to Professional Success Program (the Passport Program, herein) is to enable Business and Accounting students in becoming more professional in the way they interact with their colleagues, employers, and other professionals in their field.
“Professionalism” is defined by the Cambridge dictionary as “the combination of all the qualities that are connected with trained and skilled people,” or “the conduct, aims, or qualities that characterize or mark a profession or a professional person,” as defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary. These are skills that students seeking professional degrees such as Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Accounting will acquire during their program of study at the School of Business at UNC Pembroke.
These “work-readiness” skills will assist our graduates in finding and maintaining successful business careers. The Passport Program will also help differentiate our graduates from others entering the market from other schools.
Benefits for Students
· Learn strategies for success in business
· Practice and improve business communication skills
· Gain confidence in different settings outside the classroom
· Obtain assistance in making career decisions
· Understand the importance of a professional appearance
· Strengthen individual interests
· Impact the local community
· Inspire and lead others
· Engage in networking opportunities.