North Carolina's Reverse Transfer Program is a state initiative in which students are rewarded for credit they have already earned or will earn at the four-year university. The program is designed to award an associate degree to students who previously attended a North Carolina community college and fulfilled the associate degree requirements while working toward a bachelor’s degree at a North Carolina university.
Reverse Transfer: Procedure for Students
- Log into BraveWeb and click on Student and Financial Aid tab
- Click on Reverse Transfer Program
- Read the Reverse Transfer policy and click the “opt in” button and submit
- By virtue of “opt in,” you sign an agreement stating that you will follow UNCP’s curriculum towards the baccalaureate degree and that you understand that academic advisers cannot provide advising for community college coursework.
- Once you “opt in” no further action from you is required.
NOTE: If you are awarded the Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree through the Reverse Transfer program, UNC Pembroke will honor the degree to meet our General Education requirements. Your adviser can only advise you on UNC Pembroke’s degree requirements. It is your responsibility to understand your community college requirements for completing an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree.
Please see the official Reverse Transfer Program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for eligibility and answers to all your questions.