Academic Year 2015-2016
- Total Library Budget: $2,767,630
- Building Space: 60,000 Sq. Ft.
- Total Library Staff: 22 (7 Librarians + 15 Support Staff)
- Public Service Hours Per Week: 106
- Gate Count for Fiscal: 138,683
- Library Website Visits: 753, 031 pages views – 177,287 sessions
- Database Usage Stats: 1,631,207 searches – 306,859 sessions
- Books Circulated: 13,457
- Course Reserves Transactions: 4,178
- Media Items Loaned: 17,145
- Materials Budget: $1,242,678
- Total Titles Held: 481,799
- E-book Volumes Held: 184,412
- Units of Microform Held: 719,090
- Total periodicals subscribed to (including electronic): 58,401
- Audiovisual/Media Materials Held: 20,205
- Media (Streaming Curricular) Held: 47,463 titles – 275,808 segments
- Electronic Database Subscriptions Held: 167
- Information Services Transactions: 12,536
- Document Delivery Items Loaned: 5,481
- Document Delivery Items Borrowed: 1,633
- Library Instruction Sessions Provided: 276
- Library Instruction Attendance: 4,577
- Library Presentations Attendance: 1,630
Charles Grandison "Charlie" Rose III
Former Congressman Charlie Rose was a North Carolina Democrat who served 12 terms in the U.S. House of Representatives (from 1973 to 1997). He became a ranking member on the House Agriculture Committee and chair of the House Administration Committee
His political influence earned him the nickname “Mayor of the Capitol” and provided a launching pad for him to run for Speaker of the House. The video “This Old House: A Run for Speaker” was produced to gain support for Rose to run for Speaker of the House for the 104th United States Congress (1995 - 1997).
The content of film was written by Lee Gipson; it was directed and edited by John Stockwell. This short film (5:51 min) was uploaded as a YouTube video on March 26, 2011.
The focal point of the film is the “Old House” that Charlie Rose grew up in in Fayetteville, North Carolina. In the film, he talks about various things from his life in the framework of this “old house.” He compares how things worked in his family and his house with the relationships among his Democratic colleagues in the House of Representatives.
Mr. Rose was unable to achieve his goal of becoming Speaker because, for first time in more than a generation, the Republicans captured the majority in the 1994 mid-term elections for the United States Congress. Rose then aimed for the job of Minority leader of the House. However, in December 1994, Mr. Rose lost decisively to Richard A. Gephardt of Missouri in the race for minority leader.
Mary Livermore Trials in Progress
- HeinOnline is an online product with more than 130 million pages of legal history available in an online, fully-searchable, image-based format.
- HeinOnline provides comprehensive coverage from inception of more than 2,200 law and law-related periodicals
- Currently this trial is only available from on campus.
- Statista provides users with an innovative and intuitive tool for researching quantitative data, statistics and related information.
- The product is aimed at business clients and academics of any size.
- Currently this trial is only available from on campus.
If you have any questions, evaluations, or concerns about this trial and product, please contact Roger Cross at email@example.com or x6696
Please report any instances of library student assistant misconduct. Thank you.
Please check out the LibraryH3lp chat program/widget. If you have any questions/concerns/opinions, please let Laura know.
Chat with Us
The paper version of UNCP’s BD-119 was last printed for 2013-2014 and is available for students, staff, and faculty to check out. It is on 3-hour, in-house reserve at the Circulation Desk, with library permanent reserves.
For more recent information on the salaries of UNC system employees, The Raleigh News and Observer maintains a searchable database. The salaries in this database may be for the previous year.
To access the most current figures for UNCP Salaries, it will be necessary to complete an “Open-Records Request Form” and submit the request to the Human Resources Office (HR).
- Mary -Livermore Library May 2004-
- Arts and Exhibits, August 2004-2009
- Coastal Library Consortium, August 2004-
- Friends of the Library, May 2004-August 2004
- Library Liaison
- Disability Support Services – 2008 –
- Art – 2006-
- Mass Communication – 2004-2006
- Psychology – 2004-2005
- Planning, May 2004-
- Copyright Sub-Committee Chair, June 2004-
- Disaster Preparedness Subcommittee, August 2004-
- Institutional Repository Subcommittee, August 2008-
- Policies and Procedures Subcommittee, August 2004-
- Subcommittee for Library Assessment, August 2008-
- Publications August, 2004-July 2005
- Review Committees
- Assistant Dean for Research Services, June 2008
- Administrative Support Associate for Serials/Circulation, May 2008
- Administrative Support Associate for Circulation, December 2007-January 2008
- Administrative Support Associate for Serials/Circulation, December 2007-January 2008
- LTA I for Public Services, December 2006
- Social Concerns Committee, August 2005-2009
- Staff Development Committee, August 2005-
- University Librarians Advisory Council Resource Sharing Committee, March 2005-
- 2008, January - present – Served as the secretary of the UNCP Strategic Planning and Resources Council
- 2007-2008 – Served on the UNCP Health, Safety, and Environment Committee
- 2007 October – present – Participating member of the UNCP Animal Savior Klub
- 2007, October 2 – Volunteered as an assistant for Special Needs Day at the Robeson County Fair with the Staff Council
- 2007, September – Prepared displays and provided table coverage for Pembroke Day for both the Library and Staff Council
- 2007, May-October – Participated in the Take Action wellness program at UNCP
- 2007, April – present – Served as secretary on the UNCP Faculty Copyright Education and Policy Committee.
- 2007, February – Participated in focus group for campus parking
- 2006-2008 – Served as Staff Council Secretary, UNC Pembroke
- 2006, June – Served on the UNCP First Book Committee
- 2006, March 15 – Assisted with the information table for Grad Finale at UNCP
- 2005-2007 and 2008-2009 – Served on the UNCP Academic Affairs’ Curriculum Committee
- 2005, September – Provided table coverage for the Pembroke Day general information table.
- 2004, May 18th – Participated in filming for a UNCP recruitment TV commercial
- 2003-2004 – Served on the Teacher Education Committee, MethodistCollege
- 2000-2003 – Served on the AverettUniversity Judicial Hearing Board
- 2000-2002 – Served as a Retention Management Advisor, AverettUniversity
- 2008, April 24-27 – Performed as Aaronetta Gibbs in Paul Osborn’s Mornings at Seven with the Robeson Little Theatre.
- 2008, March 1 – Participated in the Rumba on the Lumber 5K
- 2008, February – Accepted the nomination to the Robeson Little Theatre’s Board of Directors, which meets monthly.
- Served as member of the RLT Board February 2008 – present
- Served as webmaster of the RLT Board September 2009 – present
- 2008, January – April – Directed the Public Schools of Robeson County CTAP production of Once on this Island, Jr.
- 2007, December – Participated in Pembroke Parade with UNCP’s Animal Savior Klub and the Robeson County Humane Society
- 2007, November – Accepted position as Director of the Children’s Theatre Arts Program (CTAP) for the Public Schools of Robeson County.
- 2007, October 4-7 – Performed as Florence Unger in Neil Simon’s The Odd Couple (Female Version) with the Robeson Little Theatre.
- 2007, March 3 – Participated in the Rumba on the Lumber 5K
- 2006-present – Worked with Blake Tyner and RobesonCountyHistoryMuseum to digitize Robeson Remembers columns.
- 2005, October 5 & 8 – Volunteered as a docent for the John Blue House Cotton Festival.
- 2005, March 5 – Participated in the Rumba on the Lumber 5K
- 2004-2005 – Served as chair of Episcopal Church Women’s Periodical Committee, St. John’s Episcopal Church, Fayetteville, NC.
- 2004, August-October – Assisted in the role of crew member with the GilbertTheater production The Laramie Project.
- 2003- Member of the Episcopal Church Women’s group and chair of the Periodicals Committee.
- 2003-2008 – Served as a Sunday School Teacher for St. John’s Episcopal Church, Fayetteville, NC.
- 2003, April – Performed as Joby in Jane Martin’s Anton in Show Business with the GilbertTheater.
- 2003, February – Performed as the Au Pair in David Hare’s The Blue Room with the GilbertTheater.
- 2001, February – Performed as Madam in “The Governess” in Neil Simon’s The Good Doctor at AverettUniversity.
- 1994-1995 – Performed as Lady Capulet in William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet at GreenRunHigh School.
- 1994-present – Member of the International Thespian Society
- 1989-1995, Volunteer, Francis Land Historical Site, Virginia Beach, VA (included some time volunteering at Lynnhaven House Historical Site, Virginia Beach, VA)
- NCLA – North Carolina Library Association
- Centennial Conference History Committee, February-November 2004
- Treasure Hunt Sub-Committee
- Video Scrapbook Sub-Committee
- LISSA – Library and Information Studies Student Association
- Member 2001-2003
- Dec. 2001-April 2002 – Planned and organized weekend trip to the LC.
Access the Web: Tumblr. Journal of Access Services 12 (2), 2014.
Mobile Apps for Librarians. Journal of Access Services 10(2), March 2013.
IM and SMS for the Circulation Desk. Journal of Access Services 9(2), April 2012. This article was also featured by The Informed Librarian Online in their May 2012 issue.
III, ERes, and Ares – A Reserves Comparison. Journal of Access Services 8(2), June 2011.
Training 2.0 – Library Assistants in the Age of Information. Journal of Access Services 8(2), June 2011.
Access Interviews: An Interview with Karen Glover. Journal of Access Services 8(1), January-March 2011.
Access the Web: Fire Plans. Journal of Access Services 8(1), January-March 2011.
Access the Web: Online Library Videos. Journal of Access Services 8(1), August-September 2010.
Access Interviews: An Interview with Jane Mirandette. Journal of Access Services 5(3), 2008: 429-434.
Access the Web: Group Study and Meeting Room Policies and Procedures. Journal of Access Services 5(3), 2008: 413-418.
Circulation on the Go: Implementing Wireless Laptop Circulation in a State University Academic Library. Journal of Access Services 5 (1/2), 2007: 197-210.
Access the Web: Best Practices. Journal of Access Services 5 (1/2), 2007: 365-371.
Access Interviews: An Interview with Hayden Battle. Journal of Access Services 4 (3/4), 2006: 187-194.
Access the Web: Dealing with Problem Patrons. Journal of Access Services 4 (3/4), 2006: 167-172.
Access Interviews: An Interview with Kimberly Burke Sweetman. Journal of Access Services 4 (1/2), 2006: 151-155.
Access the Web: Library Renovations. Journal of Access Services 4 (1/2), 2006: 133-139.
Access the Web: Training Student Assistants. Journal of Access Services 3(4), 2005: 79-84.
Access the Web: Staff Development. Journal of Access Services 3 (3), 2005: 65-70.
Access the Web: RFID and Libraries. Journal of Access Services 3 (2), 2005: 83-87.
Access the Web: Copyright on the Web. Journal of Access Services 3(1), 2005: 79-84.
Disasters in SOLINET Region Collections, 1982-2002: A Survey, 2003 - Graduate School Independent Study Final Paper
“Access the Web: Best Practices.” Best Practices in Access Services. Eds. Lori Driscoll and W. Bede Mitchell. Routledge: New York, 2009, 365-371.
“Circulation on the Go – Implementing Wireless Laptop Circulation in a State University Academic Library.” Best Practices in Access Services. Eds. Lori Driscoll and W. Bede Mitchell. Routledge: New York, 2009, 197-210.
“Sample Student Worker Handbook.” In Managing Student Assistants: A How-To-Do-It Manual for Librarians. Kimberly Burke Sweetman. New York: Neal-Schuman, 2006.
Research Guides/Web Pages
Access Services Information and Training Blackboard Portal (UNCP)
Ares Course Reserves System Public Interface (UNCP)
ILLiad Document Delivery System Public Interface (UNCP)
Avoiding Plagiarism (Methodist College)
Business Resources on the Web (Methodist College)
CarsonDavenport Art Collection, Special Collections (Averett University)
Copyright Information and Copyright Frequently Asked Questions (UNCP)
Exploring Children’s Literature (Methodist College)
Frequently Asked Questions for Electronic Resources (Methodist College)
Guide to E-Business Resources on the Web (Methodist College)
Guide to Finance and Investment Sources on the Web (Methodist College)
ILLiad Document Delivery System Public Interface (UNCP)
New Student Library Introduction (Methodist College)
Scholarly Journals vs. Popular Magazines (Methodist College)
Tax Resources on the Web (Methodist College)
Teaching Materials Collection (Methodist College)
Created procedures manuals for circulation, interlibrary loan, course reserves, and student worker training for the Mary Livermore Library, 2004-2005. Revised 2006 and 2009.
Mary Livermore Library Guide to Online Renewals, 2004
DOCLINE Training Guide, 2003
Star Trek, December 2002
The Eroticism of Vampires in English-Language Literature, April 2003
Compiled the book The Averett Name (LD 293 .A94 P6 2002), which was added to the reference collection of Mary B. Blount Library at Averett University, 2002.
Created procedures manuals for circulation, interlibrary loan, course reserves, and student worker training for the Mary B. Blount Library at Averett University, 2001.