UNCP Home Taxonomy Term Undergraduate Admissions
  • A
  • A

Undergraduate Admissions

Madison Wilcox


Student Degree


Student Major

Exercise and Sport Science

Student Hometown

Lumberton, North Carolina



I am a sophomore studying Exercise and Sport Science with a concentration in Health Promotions and a minor in Spanish. I plan on pursuing graduate school to become an Occupational Therapist. I have the privilege of being a member of the Honors College as well as the secretary of the Honors Student Council, a Student Ambassador, and a member of the Lambda Sigma Sophomore Society. I love being involved on campus and also participate in the Heath Careers Club, The Literacy Commons, CRU Bible Study and Berea Campus Outreach.


Why did you choose to attend UNCP?

When searching for a college, I honestly had dreams of a big school in a big city but decided to stay close to home. I knew UNCP was a great school, but at the time it was not what I had my sights set on, nor did I imagine just how much it has to offer. Soon after visiting campus and being accepted into the honors college program my dreams changed. Every day I fell more and more in love with this University. The small class size and accessibility of the professors has been the catalyst of my success and scholastic confidence. Still being close to home but staying on campus has given me the best of both worlds. I cannot imagine spending these four years anywhere else but here. Being Brave was the best decision for me!


What do you like best about UNCP?

There are too many things I like best about UNCP. I honestly do not believe I would be as involved or successful had it not been for the size. The phrase “where learning gets personal” could not be more perfect. The entire faculty is so personable. I would never want to be just another number and here, my professors know me by name. The opportunities that this alone creates are many. As a resident of Robeson County I also appreciate the strong tie the University has to its heritage. UNC Pembroke is the North Carolina’s best kept secret. It is the total college package!

Visiting Campus

Scheduling an individual campus visit is quick and easy with our online form. Just fill out the fields below with all the pertinent information.

Select the date you would like to come and visit us. Click submit, and you're all set. A representative of UNCP will get in touch with you to confirm the details of your visit. We're looking forward to seeing you around campus!

If the date you would like to visit is not available, please contact the Office of Admissions at 910.521.6262 for additional availability.

For Group Tours, click here.

Graduate Students- Prospective graduate students interested in visiting campus should contact the School of Graduate Studies at 910.521.6271 or grad@uncp.edu

Schedule an Undergraduate Admissions Visit

Online Students

Welcome to Distance Education at UNCP. Please use the information on this website to familiarize yourself with being an online student at UNCP. The following information will prove helpful to you throughout your academic career at UNCP. Don’t hesitate to contact the office of Distance Education at any time for answers to any questions you may have.

As an online student, it is important to know that you have access to the same academic services as our campus students. In the next sections, you will find information about financial aid, bookstore, information technology, writing center, and more!

Any student intending to pursue an online degree should make an effort to transfer in as many of UNCP's general education requirements as possible (including two hours of physical education), in order to complete the degree online.  UNCP will offer all of the major courses necessary for the degree online, but some of the non-major courses are not necessarily available online.  To view the non-major and major classes scheduled, please search braveweb by clicking here. Then select the desired term and select a subject for a list of courses. Some online courses may require paid proctored examinations, depending on student location and transfer credit. Contact academic department for more details.


From the list below, select which program of study you chose as your major.

UNCP offers the following programs online:

Undergraduate Online Degree Completion Programs

Alternative Licensure - NC TEACH II
Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies - Applied Professional Studies
Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies - Applied Information Technology
Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies - Criminal Justice
Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies - Public and Non-Profit Administration
Bachelor of Science in Birth - Kindergarten Education (B-K)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Economics Track)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Finance Track)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Management Track)

Online Graduate Degrees 
Master of Arts in Physical Education (Sports Administration Concentration)Master of Elementary Education
Master of Public Administration

Once I am admitted, how do I login to UNCP’s electronic systems? Division of Information Technology (DoIT) 

The Division of Information Technology is committed to providing you with support and services to ensure your successful use of technology. Our goal is to anticipate needs and be proactive in our development and delivery of services and support options. Please let us know how we may better assist with your technology efforts as we jointly work to build a rich learning and service environment at UNCP. Once you receive your admission packet, you can use the following link to create your UNCP campus username and password. http://www.uncp.edu/doit/welcome/student/index.html
Your UNCP username and password will provide access to email (bravemail), the online class registration system (braveweb), and UNCP’s online course management system (Blackboard).

You can find informational videos about the following topics by clicking here.

  • Activating your Braveweb account.
  • Financial information in Braveweb
  • Registering for classes in Braveweb
  • Registering for lab courses and waitlisting in a closed course
  • Reviewing your transcript and grades
  • Utilizing Bravemail

Another great resource for Braveweb registration can be found by clicking here.

How can I order my books?

The Campus Bookstore. As an online student, you can use the following site to order your books online!

How can I access the library?

The Mary Livermore Library is committed to supporting the teaching, learning, and research needs of its students, faculty, and staff at sites away from the campus of The University of North Carolina at Pembroke. We provide convenient access to our collections and resources to all members of the university community, regardless of location or course format.

How can I get help with writing assignments?

If you are enrolled in an online course or cannot physically come to the Writing Center, you can make an appointment to meet with a tutor online. To do so, click here and create an account on our appointment system. Once you have made an account, log in and click on a convenient appointment time. At the bottom of the appointment page, choose "meet online."
When it is time for your appointment, log into the appointment system again and follow the instructions there. If you have questions at any time in this process, call the Writing Center at 910-521-6546.

Can I recieve financial aid as an Online Student?

Yes, when it comes to Financial Aid at UNCP, there is no difference between an online and campus student. Please access the financial aid page and read about the application process.

How much does distance education cost?

You can find tuition information from the Controllers office by clicking here. Please note the new $25 Distance Education Instructional Support Fee.

How do I get Financial Aid information?

If you plan to use Financial Aid, please follow this link to the Financial Aid Checklist for transfer students. Our School Title IV code is 002954. Click here for more information.

Who do I contact for Veterans Benefits?

The Office of Veterans Services, located in the University Financial Aid Office, coordinates services to over 400 veterans, dependents, guardsmen and reservists attending classes and receiving veterans benefits. Click here for more information.

What is an alternate pin?

This PIN code is a number you will receive from your advisor when you have been advised and are clear to register for classes.

What is a Time Ticket?

A Time Ticket tells you when you are able to register for classes. Your time ticket depends on your student classification. Seniors have an earlier Time Ticket than Freshman. Online classes tend to fill, so to ensure that you get the classes you need, please register as soon as your Time Ticket allows.

What is Blackboard?

Blackboard is UNC Pembroke’s official Course Management System (CMS). This is the system in which you will attend “class” in the online environment.  Once you have explored all of the above resources, you should participate in the Blackboard Orientation. For access to the orientation, go to blackboard.uncp.edu. Normally you use your UNCP username and password to login, but to access the orientation use “uncpguest” as both the username and password. Once you login, click on (01'TLC) Student Orientation to get into the orientation course.

How do I make a complaint about distance education?

The US Department of Education’s “Program Integrity” regulation requires higher education institutions to comply with state approval or licensure requirements in each state where distance education is delivered.  Consistent with this US DOE mandate, a student has the right to file a complaint against an institution if he or she feels that these requirements are not being followed.  Therefore, institutions are required to provide students with the appropriate contact information for filing complaints.  To file a complaint about the University of North Carolina at Pembroke’s distance education program, you may contact the appropriate agency in your home state: State Agencies Handling Distance Learning Complaints
For complaints regarding a violation of accreditation policies, you may contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges  (SACSCOC).  For such a complaint, you must use the appropriate SACS complaint form Commission’s Complaint Form (PDF), and send two print copies to:  President, SACSCOC. 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097.  Students are required to familiarize themselves thoroughly with the UNC Pembroke Student Handbook and UNCP catalog which both include campus policies for handling complaints.  You are expected to exhaust these internal options before escalating your complaint to the state or accrediting agency. 

Contact Admissions

The Office of Admissions is located on the second floor of Lumbee Hall in Room 224.


Local: 910.521.6262
Relay: 910.521.6262
Toll Free: 800.949.UNCP (8627)

Fax: 910.521.6497




The University of North Carolina at Pembroke
Office of Admissions
One University Drive
PO Box 1510
Pembroke, NC 28372-1510

Related Links

Map of Campus from Google Maps

Military & Veterans

UNC Pembroke is very proud to be a designated military-friendly university.  Our Admissions staff stands ready to assist active duty service members, veterans, and military family members.  We also have a dedicated Military and Veterans Services Office, a VA Certifying Official and other support agencies to ease your transition from the military to college life.

As a member of our nation’s military, you know what it takes to succeed. We welcome your leadership, diversity and experience and assure you that whatever you’re looking for in a college degree – affordability, flexibility, distance-learning programs, or more – UNCP has it.

Start exploring what a life at UNCP could be like for you. Research our site, check us out at the next open house, or call our Military and Veterans Services Office where you can talk with our student veterans. Once you realize what’s in store for you here, we bet you will want to join our team.

Active Duty Service Members and Veterans

If you are active duty, a veteran, a reservist or a member of the National Guard, just show us or provide us a copy of your military ID or DD-214 and application fees are waived.

Also, for active duty military, the high school transcript requirement is waived if:

  • the student holds an AA or AS degree or
  • the student is at least 24 years of age and has completed at least 30 semester hours of college level transferable work from a regionally accredited institution with a 2.0 or higher transfer GPA.

 To apply click the links below:

Our Admissions team is here to connect you with the information you need. If you can’t find what you’re looking for after exploring our website, give us a call.  We stand ready to assist you with your specific interests.

Off-campus Program Locations

Sandhills Community College
Richmond Community College
Cape Fear Community College
Fayetteville Technical Community College
Fort Bragg Military Base

Visit the Office of Military and Veteran Services Website

Visiting Students

Pembroke understands and supports the pursuit of lifelong education and learning. In support of this idea, the Enrichment/Non-degree admission category is designed for adult students interested in taking college level courses for credit--but not necessarily toward earning a degree. Learn more about UNC Pembroke

Enrichment/Non-Degree Student

Enrichment/Non-degree students must submit: a completed UNCP Admissions Application; $45 application fee; and high school or college transcripts indicating graduation.

Enrichment/Non-degree students are limited to a maximum of 15 semester hours TOTAL. After attaining 15 semester hours students are required to reapply for regular admission to the university. Credits earned while an Enrichment/Non-degree student will be credited toward a degree.

Enrichment/Non-degree students are not eligible to receive financial aid.

Certification/Renewal Admissions

The University of North Carolina at Pembroke is extremely proud of the awards and accomplishments of our School of Education. As part of our commitment to education in North Carolina (and around the United States) we offer a special Certification/Renewal admissions program.

Prospective teachers and licensed teachers needing to renew their credentials are allowed to enroll after presenting proof of a bachelor's degree.

Certification/Renewal students must submit: a complete UNCP Admissions Application; $45 application fee; and college transcripts indicating the conference of a bachelor's degree.

Students admitted for Certification/Renewal must also apply for admission to the School of Education. Once admitted to the School of Education an appropriate plan of study will be devised by the specific department and the Teacher Education office.

Transient Admissions

Transient students are visiting students who are normally enrolled at another college or university. Transient admissions requires that the prospective student obtain permission from their regular institution to take courses at UNCP.

Transient students must submit: a completed UNCP Transient Application(PDF) with the appropriate certification from their home institution. There is no fee for the transient application.

Transient students must receive permission from their home institutions prior to each term attended at UNCP. Normally, students are limited to one semester of transient work before having to return to their home institution (depending on the policies of the student's home institution). The cost of transient courses at UNCP is the same as courses taken under regular admissions. Transient students are not eligible to receive financial aid.

Joint Enrollment Admissions

The Joint Enrollment Program is designed for high school students who have excelled academically in high school and prove ready for college-level work. Students may register for no more than one course per semester while completing their high school curriculum, and they cannot take courses that are offered at their high school. Interested students must submit a special Joint Enrollment Application, an official high school transcript, SAT/ACT scores, and class rank. Permission must be granted from the student's high school principal or guidance counselor, the course instructor and the Director of Admissions prior to admission as a Joint Enrolled student. An application fee is not required.


Subscribe to RSS - Undergraduate Admissions