Notice: The online application closes 2/15/17 at 11:59 pm EST.
This online application is only for students pursuing the Pre-licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. Students who want to apply for the RN-BSN, RIBN, or the MSN program have different applications that must be used.
In order to be admitted to the Upper Division Pre-licensure Program, students must:
- Have completed the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS™) between January 1st and November 15th, 2016 and submitted their test score to the department.
- Have a minimum cumulative Quality Point Average (QPA) of no less than 2.5 on a 4.0 scale on prior college/university course work.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in the following mathematics and science courses: MAT 1050 or higher, BIO 2110, BIO 2120, BIO 3150, CHM 1300, CHM 1310, CHM 1100, and CHM 1110 (or equivalents).
- Have completed all General Education course requirements and prerequisite courses for the nursing major prior to May 9th, 2017.
- Have earned a grade of "C" (2.0) or better in all General Education course requirements and prerequisite courses for the nursing major.
Acceptance into the Upper Division can only be be given to students who have been fully admitted to the university as degree-seeking students.
The application will take approximately 25-45 minutes to complete. Students will have the opportunity to upload supplemental files at the end of the online application process. Supplemental files may include copies of related licenses or certifications (such as LPN or CNA), proof of previous medical experience, a letter from the director of a previous nursing program that the student was enrolled in, documentation regarding a conviction, or any information that the student feels is relevant for the Admissions Committee. It is suggested that students gather electronic versions of any supplemental documents before beginning the application.
The online application may be accessed by clicking here. The due date for the application is 11:59 pm on February 15th, 2017.