The English Language Institute (ELI) at the University of North Carolina at Pembroke (UNCP) offers English language training for students who wish to study at UNCP or other U.S. colleges and universities. Students who do not meet the minimum English language requirement (68 on internet-based TOEFL or 520 on the paper-based TOEFL) can apply to ELI and matriculate upon successful completion of the program.
Check out our ELI brochure for an overview of the ELI program.
Some of the features of our ELI program include:
- Small classes with individualized attention
- Highly-trained, caring teachers who provide instruction in reading, writing, speaking, listening, TOEFL preparation and American culture/college life
- 20 hours of intensive instruction per week
- Cultural events and trips
- Conversation Partner Program
- Full access to UNC Pembroke facilities (gym, library, computer labs, dining hall, etc.)
- Safest campus in the UNC system
- Day trips to the beach or the mountains
- Beautiful, small town setting in sunny, warm Southeastern North Carolina. Less than 2 hours from Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Wilmington and Myrtle Beach.
- Half-way between New York City and Orlando, Florida.
Feel free to call us at 910.775.4095, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or come by the International Programs office at UNCP if you have any further questions.