The Division of Information Technolgy works diligently to provide secure network and technology services and to insure the confidentiality, availibility and integrity of university data. It is important for the entire campus community to do their part to insure the integrity and security of our data and technology resources. Please see the information below as a starting point.
Please contact the IT Security Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns related to the security of our network systems and university data.
NOTE: DoIT, or any department or function of UNCP, will NEVER ask you for your password. If you receive an email asking you to supply or verify account credentials, please forward the email to email@example.com and DO NOT respond.
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month!
The DoIT Security Office has partnered with the National Cyber Security Alliance in celebrating National Cyber Security Awareness Month. We will have a variety of outreach activities during October to raise awareness of cyber security issues facing higher education. To view additional resources please go to Stay Safe Online.
IT Security Information
- Identity Theft Prevention Program
- Online Identity Risk (Interactive Material)
- Identity Theft Information from the FTC (Web)
- Password Requirements
- The Importance of Keeping Passwords Secure
- How to change your network password
- Creating a Strong Password You Can Remember (pdf)
- Creating a Strong Password Video (YouTube)
- Department of Homeland Security Stop.Think.Connect. Campaign
- Stop.Think.Connect Campaign Videos
- Cyber-Bullying in Higher Education
- Information Security in Higher Education - Five Things You Need to Know
- North Carolina Cyber Security and Risk Management
- Educause CyberSecurity Initiaitive
- Computer / Internet Security in Higher Education