DoIT supports the university computer labs, which are open to UNCP students, faculty and staff. A UNCP network/BraveWeb account is required to use the UNCP computer labs.
All the computers have Deep Freeze installed, which will reset a computer to the original state upon rebooting. It is important to frequently save your files to your network account (on the I: drive) or your personal removable drive such as a USB flash drive. Do not save your work on the lab computer.
Locations and Hours
Regular Hours (during Fall & Spring semesters): Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (unless otherwise posted)
- Library Lab: Sun, 2pm-11:30pm; Mon-Thurs, 7:30am-11:30pm; Fri, 7:30am-9pm; Sat, 9am-8pm.
- Pine Hall Lab, Oak Hall Lab and Village Apartments are open to residents 24 hours a day.
- All students may use the Pine or Oak Hall labs during the hours when the reception desk is staffed; Sun-Thurs, 11am-12am; Fri-Sat, 11am-2am.
- UC Lab: Mon-Fri, 7am-12am; Sat, 9:30am 12am; Sun, 11:30am-12am.
Students may need to present their BravesOne card to use the labs.
There are also numerous computer classrooms on campus that are available for student use when classes are not being held.
- No food or drink
- No cell phone use
- Must provide own paper for printing
Number of Computers
|Courtyard Apartments Lab||Courtyard Apartments||Windows 7||6|
|Cypress Hall||Cypress Hall||Windows 7||15|
|Library Lab||Mary Livermore Library, Room 232||Windows 7||33|
|Oak Hall||Oak Hall||Windows 7||13|
|Pine Hall||Pine Hall||Windows 7||14|
|Village Apartments Lab||Village Apartments||Windows 7||16|
|Writing Center||D.F. Lowry, Room 308||Windows 7||7|