Welcome to the University of North Carolina at Pembroke. We are here to assist you in the application process and provide instructions for applying and receiving education benefits.
UNCP is proud of your military service. We honor and recognize the service of our military men and women. The application fee is waived for veterans. With proper documentation, application fees are waived for active duty, veterans, reservists and members of the National Guard.
For active duty service members, the high school transcript requirement is waived if:
- the student holds an A.A. or A.S. degree, or
- the student is at least 24 years of age and has completed at least 30 semester hours of college level transferable work from a regionally accredited institution with a 2.0 or higher transfer GPA.
Transfer your prior military training and experience into college credit. Request a military transcript at the websites listed below:
- Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard and Reserve: JST transcript at Joint Services Transcript website.
- Air Force, AF Guard and Reserve: CCAF transcript at the College of the Air Force website.
These forms are required by Financial Aid for students receiving VA education benefits:
- Memorandum of Understanding for Veteran Students receiving VA benefits
- Enrollment Worksheet for VA certification (Must be completed every semester.)
Our staff is ready to assist you in a smooth transition from the military to the classroom. Contact one of our military friendly representatives to assist with your specific interest: