Students are encouraged to make a one-on-one appointment with a career consultant to address his/her career needs. Appointments can be made in person in The Career Center (University Center, Suite 210) or by calling (910) 521-6270.
- Career Consulting - Career Consultants are available to discuss your individual educational and career plans. Call to make an appointment to talk about your career concerns and interests.
- Interest Inventories - Career Consultants work with students to identify interests, values, skills and career options through inventories such as FOCUS, the Strong Interest Inventory, and the Self Directed Search. An appointment is required.
- Internships - Assistance with searching for an internship is available through The Career Center. Internships are posted through the online job search system, Brave Opportunities.
- Graduate & Professional School Consulting - Catalogs, books, directories, as well as a computerized graduate school locater are available to help you make decisions about post-graduate education. Visit with Graduate & Professional Schools at the Career Expo. Approximately 25-35 graduate schools attend and share information about admission requirements, majors, financial aid, etc.
- Resume Critiques - Resumes and cover letters can be reviewed by appointment or by dropping them off in our office. Resumes/cover letters that are dropped off will be critiqued within 48 hours.
- Resume Checklist [PDF] - This checklist will give you the basics of writing a resume. For more detailed information and examples of resume formats, visit The Career Center's Career Library anytime during our hours of operation.
- Mock Interviews - Videotaped mock interviews are available by appointment only. Mock interviews are critiqued and the process usually takes about 1 hour. Students may practice from home by using InterviewStream and a webcam.