Intramurals Sign-ups? Need ID for intramural games? What is Intramural League Structure? Weight Room/Cardio? Group X Class? Getting a Locker? Memerbership for Campbell Wellness Center?Sport Club? Please click on the highlighted text for the answers.All sign-ups are to be conducted online at imleagues.com. You must create an account with a valid email address to receive confirmation of team sign-up and/or free agent sign-up.
- After you have signed up for a league or tournament by the sign-up deadline, the Intramural staff will have the schedule available within the next few days. The staff will send out an email in which it is the responsibility of the team captain to check the schedule and relay information to their teammates.
- There is a mandatory captains meeting for all major league sports (flag football, indoor soccer, basketball, and softball.) This is typically during the afternoon hours and held at the Jones PE Building.
- It is important that both your email address AND phone number are correct. We use this information to contact you when we have reschedules due to conflict or weather conditions. It is imperative that you are responsive to receive appropriate information concerning play.
- Answer this question first: “Do I have a whole team or am I looking to join a team?”
- Whole Team Answer- Sign up your team in the league and division (if applicable) on imleagues.com. You need to have all of your team members create an account, if they have never played IM’s before. During this time, they can request to be on your team or you can add them, all your team members just need to know the team name. As the team captain, you will have to accept their request in order for their name to show on the roster.
Looking to Join Team (FREE AGENT) – If you are having trouble finding enough players to create a team, you may sign up as a free agent. We cannot guarantee that you will be placed on a team but we will do the best to get you placed onto a team. <Return to Top of Page>
- Yes. No ID, No Play, No Exceptions. Have to bring it every single time.
IM league sports will play 4-5 regular season games (depending on the sport). Usually 1 game per week. You must win 1 game and not forfeit in order to be placed into the single-elimination playoffs. Each league start date will vary through the semester.
- All tournaments will be guaranteed 2 games within a double-elimination bracket. The more you win, the more games you get to play.
- We keep our leagues short in order to offer a variety of sports/activities.
- There are several reasons for this: First, keeping everything in one place helps us keep track of our equipment and decrease the chance of theft. Second, the weight room is designed to handle more wear and tear than other parts of the building, where use of heavy weights may cause damage. Finally, keeping the equipment in the weight room allows for staff supervision to help ensure the safety of our patrons.
- Closed-toe shoes are required to protect the users’ feet from equipment that may be dropped (dumbbells, weight plates). Boots and heels can damage the equipment and weight room flooring and are not designed for use during exercise.
<Return to Top of Page>
- Absolutely not! Instructors are able and prepared to offer modifications for all levels. Beginners and advanced participants should be able to enjoy any class on the schedule.
- Please visit the PE Equipment Check-Out Office and speak with Larry Gales about filling out the proper paper work. Or contact Tony Chavis at 910-521-6808.
- The Wellness Center is open exclusively for UNCP students and employees. Members of the community may purchase a membership at the Bursar’s Office. Family membership will need to contact Tony Chavis. Click for Prices.
- Each club is a little bit different, but most clubs typically practice twice or more per week, and competes on weekends in the fall and spring. Club dues are needed to cover the costs of travel, event entry fees, etc. The individual club sport leaders determine the dues prior to the season and may even find fundraising opportunities to off-set the cost.
<Return to Top of Page>