DESK CLERK POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Office of Housing and Residence Life has 4 Residence Halls with front desks in their lobby areas that must remain covered throughout the day (Belk, Cypress, Oak and Pine Halls). All of these halls are open 9 months a year. Student employees are hired, as needed, throughout the year. Clerks must received college work-study and may be hired to work from 10-15 hours per week, depending on hall needs and clerk availability. All applicants are required to be enrolled in a degree-seeking program at the UNCP and are subject to all student employment policies and procedures.
The Desk Clerk position will monitor the reception area and lobby to deter unauthorized access to the facility providing additional security and will be responsible for the implementation of the sign in/sign out policy (where applicable) as outlined by the University’s Visitation Policy for on campus residential living. In addition, responsibility included providing clerical assistance and support to the professional staff of the residential facility.
This job is only available to students who have been approved for Work Study.
- Provide quality customer service to residents, parents, alumni, conference guests, staff, and any other members of the campus community.
- Provide appropriate referrals to resources and information through various communication methods, such as email, phone, website, and interpersonal interaction.
- Maintain accurate records within information databases, journals, or logs.
- Monitor building security as it relates to resident access cards, keys, and entry/exit points.
- Notify appropriate personnel of any emergencies or urgent situations. Assist staff during emergencies if requested.
- Maintain appropriate communication with the Resident Administrator/ Advisor on Duty regarding emergencies or urgent situations that may occur throughout the day.
- Observe professional policies and expectations as outlined in the Employment Agreement.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Attend regularly scheduled mandatory staff meetings.
- Work shifts scheduled during, weekends, finals weeks, university breaks, and on designated holidays.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Must have legible handwriting, good diction and good record keeping skills.
- Be knowledgeable of all visitation policies and adhere to University and Housing policies.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a neat appearance
- Must be able to work some weekends.
- Must be in good academic and conduct standing with the University and enrolled as a full-time student.
- Must have proper judgment and excellent problem-solving skills when working with customer complaints or addressing emergency situations.
- Experience living in a residential hall setting on a college campus preferred.
The University of North Carolina at Pembroke is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
ONLINE APPLICATION FOR DESK CLERK POSITION