A UNCP Network Account provides access to technology resources such as BraveMail, BraveWeb, Canvas, data storage on a server, Internet (BraveWiFi and ResidentialWiFi), and lab and classroom computers. It is often referred to as a BraveWeb account since so many resources are available from within BraveWeb.
Logging into BraveWeb gives access to Banner Self Service (registration, student records and financial aid), Student Insurance Waiver, Meal Plans and Online Account Center (charges, payments and refunds) among others. Click here to learn more about BraveWeb resources.
Account Activation Steps
- To begin, go to https://braveweb.uncp.edu/account/start.
- Enter the requested information (Last Name, Home Zip Code and Secret Code) and click Begin. Your secret code was provided in your acceptance letter from the Admissions Office.
- Read the Conditions of This Agreement, click I Agree and then Submit.
- On the Security Questions page, select a question and provide the answer for each of the two dropdown menus. The answers will allow you to reset your password later if you forget your login information. Click Submit.
- On the Personal Question page, type your own question and answer, then click Submit.
- On the Create Password page, read the password requirements, enter your password twice and click Submit.
- If the password is accepted, you will see the Activation Completed page with your username displayed. Record your username and remember your password.
- You will need this username and password to login to BraveWeb and to access other UNCP technology resources.
- To login to BraveWeb, click the "return to BraveWeb" link or go to https://braveweb.uncp.edu.
Check Financial Aid or register for classes while logged into BraveWeb by clicking the Banner Self Service link near the top of the list and selecting Student and Financial Aid. Click here for instructions on how to access your financial aid information.
After activating BraveWeb, access your BraveMail account. Click here for complete BraveMail access instructions.