Grant Application Form: STUDENT TRAVEL FUNDS GRANT PROPOSAL
The University of North Carolina at Pembroke Undergraduate Research and
Creativity Center provides travel grant opportunities for students engaged
in research, creative and performance activities. Program grants are
designed to help defray costs associated with travel to conferences, meetings,
exhibits, or performances where the student’s project is presented,
including costs of registration, travel, room, and board.
The following guidelines apply:
- This program is open to undergraduate students that have been awarded
a grant through the center of Undergraduate Research, have presented
project results at a PURC Student Forum, or have committed to present
at an PURC Student Forum.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing in an undergraduate degree
program in order to apply.
- Travel must be completed within six months of the award date.
- Travel must be completed prior to graduation.
- All unused travel grant funds must be returned to the PURC Center.
- Funds must be used for travel identified in the grant program.
- Applications for travel funds should be submitted no later than six weeks
prior to travel date. Students are encouraged to apply as early as
Award sizes are based upon availability of funds and previous student support.
Each travel grant request will be evaluated by the PURC Advisory Council.
To apply, send the original application materials (described below) to the Pembroke
Undergraduate Research and Creativity Center, Honors College Office, Old
- Completed cover page (application).
- A completed Student Travel Agreement Form.
- A typed explanation of the purpose of the travel.
- A brief description of the project to be presented (the presentation
abstract will suffice).
- A detailed budget
justification (Excel), including categorized trip costs (e.g.
airfare, registration fees, hotel expenses, per
diem) and amount requested
from the UNC Pembroke Undergraduate Research and Creativity Center
Travel Grant fund.
- A copy of the acceptance letter for the presentation/performance/exhibit. If
evidence of acceptance is not available by the grant deadline, indicate
acceptance pending and include copy of meeting solicitation.
- Signature of your faculty advisor(s) verifying and endorsing your presentation.
Incomplete applications will be returned without