UNCP Serve Voluntary Opportunity
The Office of Community and Civic Engagement currently has a voluntary opportunity as a Spanish Translator. Please visit the UNCP Serve website for more information.
External Opportunities for Majors and Alums
Please note that the links below take you off the UNCP site, to scholarships, fellowships, internships or research opportunities offered by outside agencies. The Department of English and Theatre cannot guarantee the details of any external program, and is not affiliated with the institutions that provide them.
- If you are interested in presenting your work at academic conferences, the Penn English Calls for Papers mailing list and Web site are the best place to find a conference that has a matching theme. This link will take you directly to the "graduate conferences" section of the site. Read the CFP to see whether the conference also welcomes undergraduates--many do.
- This (not entirely up to date) page focuses on undergraduate conferences and journals.
Paid Job Opportunities
- Teaching English abroad can be a wonderful opportunity, but not all programs are trustworthy. One organization that can help you get started is Transitions Abroad. The University of Maryland also has a page of useful information about teaching English in other countries.
- Just graduated and looking for a sumer job? The Institute of Reading Development offers summer teaching jobs for those with undergraduate degrees.
- SAS in Cary is looking for technical writing interns who will make IT understandable and accesible to employees. For more information on this year-round program, go here.
- IBM is looking for a technical writing intern for the summer of 2017, focusing on creating and updating client-centered data. Check out details here!