Reset your Unified Messaging voice mail PIN
When you reset your voice mail password or PIN, a Unified Messaging server generates a temporary PIN and sends it in an email message to your Microsoft Exchange Server account Inbox. After you receive the temporary PIN, use it to log on to your mailbox, and then change the temporary PIN to a PIN of your choice.
Resetting Your Voice Mail PIN Through Outlook 2010:
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2010 and click on File Tab
- Select Manage Voice Mail
- Click on Reset Pin
- Press ok to Reset pin
- You will then receive an email from Microsoft Exchange containing a temporary pin.
Resetting Your Voice Mail PIN Through OWA:
- Login to the full version of Outlook Web App through Internet Explorer (IE).
- Click Options (upper-right corner) and select "See All Options".
- Click "Voicemail" option on the left.
- Click the "Reset my voice mail PIN..." link under the Reset Pin sub-heading.
- Choose "OK" when prompted to reset your voice mail PIN. An e-mail titled "Your PIN has been reset" is generated and sent to your mailbox.
- To logoff of Outlook Web App, click the "Sign Out" link in the upper-right corner.
If you need assistance resetting your Voice Mail PIN, contact the DoIT Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 910.521.6260.