Although other program areas may be considered, the following undergraduate programs are determined to be most compatible with the selected graduate program of study. Be sure to contact the appropriate area director if you are unsure whether your degree would fit with that concentration, as some concentrations can be more flexible in that regard than others.
- Art Education: B.F.A., B.S., or B.A. degree in studio art.
- Physical Education: Exercise and Sports Science, Kinesiology, Physical Education, Recreation, Exercise Science, or Exercise Physiology
- Secondary or Middle Grades English/Language Arts Education: English
- Secondary or Middle Grades Mathematics Education: Mathematics
- Secondary or Middle Grades Science Education: Biology, Chemistry, Geology, or Physics
- Secondary or Middle Grades Social Studies Education: History, or Political Science
Degrees in closely related fields may be acceptable; upon application, transcripts will be evaluated and any discipline-specific prerequisites will be specified at the time of admission to a program.