How to Become a Tutor
Peer tutors must:
1) Be current UNCP students
2) Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
3) Have earned a grade of B (3.0) or higher in each course they are interested in tutoring
They must also:
- have a firm command of course material.
- possess higher-order thinking skills.
- possess proactive learning strategies.
- have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- be reliable self-motivated workers.
- believe that all people are natural born learners.
- Be ENTHUSIASTIC about learning!
How to Apply
Applications are available online through the UNCP Career Center's Brave Opportunities site. (Look for Job ID 6846 - Peer Tutor)
In addition to the Brave Opportunities application:
*At least one faculty recommendation is required.
*Resumes are welcome.
Submit all supplemental application materials to the Tutoring Program Coordinator by email (email@example.com), fax (910-775-4408), or drop off in person at the Center for Student Success in the D.F. Lowry Building, Room 320.
We currently need tutors for the following courses: ACC 2270, ACC 2280, ART 1320, ART 1500, CRJ 4530, ECN 1000, ECN 2020, MAT 2100, MAT 2220, MAT 4020, PAD 5080, PHY 2010, PLS 2000, PSY 2080, REL 3025, SOC 2090, CRJ/SOC/SWK 3600.