“Tonight we honor the hard work and accomplishments of the faculty,” Chancellor Allen C. Meadors said. “This is a time to celebrate the graduation of more than 370 students. You, the faculty, made them success stories for UNCP, and I thank you for it.”
Faculty members were honored May 6 at the annual Appreciation Dinner for outstanding teaching, advising and scholarship.
Faculty Awards – From left: Dr. Kay McClanahan, Mark Dalen, Dr. Sara Simmons, Dr. Monika Brown and Dr. Stephen Berry (2nd from right) were awarded Outstanding Teaching Awards; Dr. Nancy Barrineau (3rd from right) was recipient of the UNC Board of Governors Award for Teaching Excellence and Dr. John Parnell won the Adolph L. Dial Award for Scholarship.
UNC Board of Governor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching:
- Dr. Nancy Barrineau, English, Theatre and Languages Department
Outstanding Teaching Awards:
- Dr. Stephen Berry, History Department
- Dr. Monika Brown, English, Theatre and Languages Department
- Dr. Kay McClanahan, English, Theatre and Languages Department
- Mark Dahlen, School of Business
- Dr. Sara Simmons, School of Education
BellSouth Excellence in Academic Advising Awards:
- Dr. Jonathan Maisonpierre, Music Department
- Cammie Hunt, School of Business.
Adolph L. Dial Award for Scholarship:
- Dr. John Parnell, School of Business
Peter B. Vaill Business Faculty Award:
- Dr. Mohammad Ashraf, School of Business
Faculty Senate Chair Dr. Jesse Peters said the Faculty Appreciation Dinner is an important annual event at UNCP.
“I enjoy this event because I believe it is important to celebrate the fine teaching that goes on at UNC Pembroke,” Dr. Peters said.