While we are very proud of our marching band financial assistance program, the paramount reason for involvement with the UNCP Marching Band should always be the love of the activity - not the money! If your first question when considering membership is - "If I play in the band, how much do I get?" - then the UNCP Band Program is not the right place for you.
Members of the Spirit of the Carolina's are eligible for financial assistance as described below. Students canl qualify for the following award, and you must be enrolled in the appropriate course. All awards are credited to the student's account at the end of the semester of participation.
If you are enrolled in the appropriate course, you will be eligible to receive a stipend for participating in the Spirit of the Carolina's (subject to funding). The amount of stipend assistance is $150 for the fall semester only. There is no audition necessary for this award.
In order to be awarded the Participation Stipend, you must meet the following criteria:
1) attend all required functions as assigned.
2) meet criteria as established in the syllabus of the ensemble.
3) BE ENROLLED IN THE APPROPRIATE COURSE.
4) have completed on-line or hard copy registration for the Spirit of the Carolina’s.
5) Students may be declared as any major, however students will need to maintain standard academic progress toward their degree.
Updated: Tuesday, July 8, 2008
© The University of North Carolina at Pembroke
PO Box 1510 Pembroke, NC 28372-1510 • 800.949.UNCP (8627) • 910.521.6000