Be part of the College
Game Day excitement as a participant rather than a spectator!
Be part of a UNCP Tradition Builder!
Perform with the “Spirit of the
Carolinas” Marching Band in Halftime, Pre-game, & Parades!
Take advantage of potential off-campus travel opportunities
with the band!
Build some great UNCP MEMORIES!
- Saturday, April 6 – 8:30 a.m.-Noon.
- Meet In Moore Hall Band Room.
- Wear Comfortable Clothes for Movement, Equipment Work, & Dance. Wear Gym Shoes or Dance Shoes.
- Girls: Hair Back, No Excessive Make-up or Jewelry.
- Open to All UNCP Students Female and Male.
- Prior Color Guard or Dance Training is Helpful.
- Bring Water (no soda)
Drum Line Auditions
April 6, 2013. 9:00-Noon
- Auditions are open to all UNCP students! There will be a place for everyone, even if not on the instrument of your choice.
- If you play a woodwind or brass instrument as well as a percussion instrument, your best contribution in marching band may be in the horn line!
- Meet in Moore Hall Band Room 130.
- Contact Mr. Wiggins to get the audition music.
- Learn the music for the instrument you wish to audition for. (This includes bass drums).
- Bring your own sticks and mallets if you have them.
- The audition process will involve all participants drumming as a line and shifting people around until Mr. Wiggins has the line set to his satisfaction.
- Further Info: contact Dr. Tracy Wiggins at 522.5705 or email@example.com.
- Remember all participants in the drum line should also fill out an intent form for marching band, available on Mr. Spitzer’s office door, Moore Hall 128. The band director, Mr. Marty Spitzer MUSThave your intent form on file! Make sure you fill out all required information completely, accurately, and legibly.
Friday, May 24, 2013
Return to Spirit of the Carolinas Marching Band