Each team is limited to 18 players to be submitted on a form located in the registration section of the Intramural website. If unavailable Please contact Justin Winans for a copy. No other Roster Forms will be accepted. They are to be turned in by March 20, 2007 by 5:00pm. All rosters must include First and Last names as well as a contact number of the Captian. NO ADDITIONS ARE ALLOWED AFTER FRIDAY MARCH 23 WITH OUT CONSENT OF INTRAMURAL DIRECTOR.
1. Number of Players: Ten (10) players are allowed on the field at any given time. The team may also have a designated hitter. A minimum of nine (9) players are needed to start and finish a legal game.
2. Roster Limit: Each team is allowed a maximum of fifteen (15) players on their Team Roster.
3. Participant Attire: All participants must wear athletic-type shoes appropriate to the playing surface. No metal cleats, bare feet, sandals, etc. are allowed.
4. Equipment: UNCP Intramural Sports will provide the game balls and bats. No team may provide thier own bats, intramurals will provide them,
5. Length of Game: Game time will be Until the following Hour. No new inning will begin after 10 til the next hour begins, however, any inning started before the next hour will be completed regardless of time. The game shall be 7 innings or end after that hour, whichever occurs first.
6. Ties: Any game that is tied after 7 innings or after an inning is completed after the game hour have been played, shall result in a tie. During the playoffs, extra innings shall be played until the tie is resolved after the completion of an inning.
7. Mercy Rule: A game will end if a team trails by 15 or more runs if:
a. At the end of your teams at bat for the forth inning
b. OR 10 Runs at the end of the fifth inning.
8. Substitutions: Free substitutions are allowed but each substitute must play at least one half inning and bat at least once. All participants must bat in the order. Participants arriving late must be placed at the bottom of the lineup. Courtesy runners are allowed if the other team accepts. If a runner is injured, he or she may be replaced with the last male or female out (as the situation dictates) but may not return to the line-up.
If an injured player (or player who leaves the game for whatever reason) cannot continue to play and there is no substitute available to meet the minimum Number of Players Rule (i.e. NINE players), the game shall be over.
9. Count: Each batter will start with 1-1 count.
10. Strike Zone: The strike zone is the area over home plate and between the batter's back shoulder and front knee when the batter assumes a natural batting stance. If the pitch is a legal pitch (between 6' and 12' arc) and passes through the strike zone, it is a strike. If the pitch lands on the plate it is an automatic ball unless swung at. The plate Umpire shall rule upon illegal pitches.
11. Arguing Balls and Strikes: Participants may not argue balls and strikes. Any arguing the judgement of balls and strikes constitutes a team warning. A repeat offense by the same team results in ejection of that team member.
12. Batter's Box: A batter is out if he/she steps out of the batter's box and makes contact with a pitched ball. One or both feet must be entirely outside the box and in contact with the ground to be considered out. If the batter has any part of both feet inside the box or on the line, the batter is considered to be in the box.
13. Baserunning: No runner shall leave his or her base before the batter makes contact with the pitch. There will be no warning given by the umpires. If a runner is off the base illegally, he/she shall be declared out.
In addition, when a defensive player has possession of the ball, runners must attempt to avoid contact. Penalty: Runner is out, ball is dead, and all other runners return to the last base touched at time of collision. If the contact is malicious, the runner shall also be ejected.
14. Foul Balls: With two strikes Batter is allowed one foul ball, second one consitiutes strike three and batter is out
15. BATTING AGAINST ALL GIRL TEAMS: Opposing male batters must hit with opposite or weaker hand
16. BATTING AGAINST JUST FEMALE PITCHER: Any ball up the middle is an automatic out.
Updated: Friday, February 25, 2011
© The University of North Carolina at Pembroke
PO Box 1510 Pembroke, NC 28372-1510 • 910.521.6000