The 2013-2014 Selection and Recruitment Period is now open!
Being a Resident Advisor (RA) can be one of the most enriching and rewarding experiences of your college career. The relationships you develop and the leadership training and experience you gain will serve you long beyond the time that you are a staff member with UNCP Housing and Residence Life. However, the RA position is also very challenging and can be hard to balance. We encourage applicants to familiarize themselves with the responsibilities and expectations of being an RA before applying. You can do this by reading the job description, attending information sessions and talking to your RA or other University Housing staff members. These contacts will help you decide if the position is right for you and can help you with being prepared for the interview process.
We are looking for enthusiastic, outgoing, and passionate individuals who are willing to work with the always growing diversity of students who live within our residential communities. In addition, we are seeking individuals with an active interest in helping enhance the quality of life for students through, community building, programming , mentoring, support and overall being a great role models.
2. Submit an application (Apply Online)
3. Attend 1 of 4 (REQUIRED) information sessions:
4. Complete the (REQUIRED) RA Shadowing component beginning January 16 - February 16
5. Attend 1 of 2 (REQUIRED) RA Carousel Weekends (View RA Carousel Description and Schedule)
6. Interviews for selected applicants will be held February 10 and February 17 following the respective RA Carousel Day
7. Notifications will be made between February 18 -22
Updated: Wednesday, September 4, 2013
© The University of North Carolina at Pembroke
PO Box 1510 Pembroke, NC 28372-1510 • 910.521.6000