The UNCP HEALTH Committee is excited about our fall programming! Here is a preliminary schedule of healthy activities this semester:
- Wednesday, August 28th – Kickoff Party for the AHA Heart Walk in the UC Annex
The Heartwalk is set for October 12th in Fayetteville. The kickoff party will provide information on how to participate.
- Saturday, September 7th – Walk the Walk
Show students that One Team for Student Success isn’t just a catch phrase. Walk the Hawk Walk with our students at 9am. It’s your chance to get to know the students we serve.
- Saturday, September 14th – Hunger Walk sponsored by the Church and Community Center
More details to come.
- Saturday, October 26th – Kickball Tournament!!!
Two faculty/staff teams and two student teams will battle it out for kickball supremacy! Registration starts September 3rd, but go ahead and click here get an account with IM Leagues now.
- UNCP Cooks Healthy Cookbooks will go on sale just in time for fall gatherings and holiday gifts.
- Join UNCP HEALTH on Facebook to connect and find encouragement for your healthy habits: https://www.facebook.com/groups/UNCPhealth/
- Hawk Walk Meetups
We'll send out emails to the Campus Events Listserv announcing impromptu strolls on the Hawk Walk.
- Workday Programming
We are working on getting other activities lined up, including yoga and nutrition / stress management classes.
Friday, August 16, 2013